PDA

View Full Version : Cant sleep

littleone123
11-09-2013, 07:41 PM
It's half 2 and iv been having a bad 2 and half hours. Had a fag and I think it's set off my stomach pains. Get sore tummy like its burning between my ribs. To the point where I feel like I'm going to be sick and my mouth waters. I'm so tired I can barely keep my eyes open from all this pain iv tried so much to get rid of it. Does anyone else know what to do or does anyone else get this too. Doctor says I get like this when I'm hungry bt I don't physically feel like eating anything when I'm in so much pain

littleone123
11-09-2013, 07:42 PM
Please someone help me :(. I feel so alone

RunnerChick
11-09-2013, 07:47 PM
Hi littleone, I'm so sorry you're not feeling well. :( I know the exact feeling you're experiencing but I'm not sure I really have a remedy for it. Whenever I feel really crap, I just try to distract myself any way I can...when I lived at home, I would pace about my room, I'd tear apart my drawers and then reorganise them until I felt sleepy/calmed down enough to sleep. Now I've got my own house so I just do whatever about the house, cleaning, going upstairs or downstairs to watch TV or sit outside, etc. In terms of the stomach pains, I'm really not sure what to suggest...have you tried drinking water or tea? Ginger tea if you've got it will calm you down. Or something light and easily digestible to eat.

I hope you feel better soon and can get some sleep...get in bed and make yourself comfortable and put a film on or something like that. i now can't fall asleep until i'm watching something or I get obsessive thoughts and then am awake until 4 in the morning.

louisemtg
11-10-2013, 12:24 AM
Hi,

I have had something similar and my doctor gave me something for too much tummy acid for a while. If your pain is keeping you awake get it checked as could be an allergy to something or like I say acid, both are increased when we are anxious.

You could try eating something plain to see if it helps, it does for me to keep my ibs at bay.

Hope you get some relief soon xxxx

petrified
11-10-2013, 12:41 AM
Hi littleone, I hope you managed to get some sleep last night. I'm sorry you were having such a bad time. I used to get the stomach pains when I was really badly in the grip of my anxiety and mine was because I wasn't eating right. When I was having nights like that I used to get up and not fight my sleep I used to just do puzzles, play games on my phone, read books or watch something random on tv. I just tried anything to distract myself and eventually I just used to pass out. Pain always seems worse in the middle of night as we can distract ourselves better during the day. I hope you managed to get some sleep :-)

bcarp66
11-10-2013, 12:42 AM
Not eating enough can def cause acid stomach. I was/am in the same boat and never felt like eating. So what I do is drink one or two of those carnation breakfast shake that you mix with milk. Helps keep your nutrition up and keeps your metabolism and acid somewhat regular. It worked for me but give it a shot and see if it helps you.

littleone123
11-11-2013, 06:11 PM
Thanks for ur replies I only had 5 hours sleep in the end. Had a rough day yesterday crying and in pain. I'm finding I need to eat every hour n half to 2 hours now. Which is ok if I'm at home. But if I'm out or at work sometimes that's not always possible. I went up to the hospital today to see if I can get some help but walked out as was a 2 n half hour wait minimum. Doctors don't seem to care and the tablets they have Given me for the acid don't help at all

littleone123
11-11-2013, 06:14 PM
I watched 2 films listened to all sorts of music tried word searches cross words even my sewing that I do took a while to distract me n eventually I passed out

petrified
11-12-2013, 12:51 AM
I'm sorry your having such a tough time littleone, I would stay persistent with your gp, if I was you. I went to my doctor about my anxiety and ended up with sleeping tablets, which I refused to take. Eventually I was given beta blockers and anti depressants and referred for CBT. All of which are helping me a great deal. I hope you get some better help and I'm pleased your eating a bit better :-)