PDA

View Full Version : Freaking out

worriedmummy85
11-09-2013, 02:14 PM
I was put on propanolol 10mg yesterday anyway after a very ropey start I have started to feel better

Apart from the chest pains I have had for 7 weeks seems to be very sore today this could have been because of being tense

So now I am scared that my heart rate is a little slow an that its going to stop, I am having trouble finding my pulse at times and when I do find it, it's only 62 BMP which is normal but still on the low side of normal and it's totally freaking me out!

embrace123
11-09-2013, 02:18 PM
Do not feel Alone sweetheart I take the same pill and I have to take 10mg twice a day. My heart rate drops low also. And you said chest soreness? I'm dealing with that now and wondering is it because were always so tensed. And anxious. My chest feels heavy

worriedmummy85
11-09-2013, 02:20 PM
Do not feel Alone sweetheart I take the same pill and I have to take 10mg twice a day. My heart rate drops low also. And you said chest soreness? I'm dealing with that now and wondering is it because were always so tensed. And anxious. My chest feels heavy

Yeah I have chest pains for 7 weeks more on the left side alone my breast bone

I took 4 attacks in an hour last night and went ridgid so I am thinking its because of that but very breathless tonight aswell

embrace123
11-09-2013, 02:24 PM
I've been dealing with it also. This last month has been hell. I'm convinced I have heart problems, have you had your heart checked out? Do you suffer from health anxiety ?

worriedmummy85
11-09-2013, 02:32 PM
I had an ECG before all this happened for my heart racing but now I am going to am for another one as it has been 7 weeks with no relief

Yes I have health anxiety my dad died suddenly 2 years ago (not due to heart problems) and ever since then I have always looked for more serious stuff until 7 weeks ago I actually thought I was having a stroke but was just a panic attack

embrace123
11-09-2013, 02:40 PM
Awwww sweet heart don't feel alone I'm driving myself nuts . I haven't had a ecg done ice only have 5 EKG blood test and 2 chest xray, and then got sent home. But my dr is sending me to a cardio dr just to be on the safe side for my health and for my mental. It really dives me crazy and the symthoms come when your not thinking about then is the scary part.

worriedmummy85
11-09-2013, 02:50 PM
Yeah that's the thing sometimes I jut get this pain Even when I am working its awful then it starts my anxiety off

embrace123
11-09-2013, 02:54 PM
Yeah that's the thing sometimes I jut get this pain Even when I am working its awful then it starts my anxiety off do you have a support system at home? And why did you think you were having a stroke?

worriedmummy85
11-09-2013, 02:57 PM
I have my partner but he works full time

I had a migrane that made the whole left side of me numb so I I rang an put of hours line and then they sent an ambulance thinking it was a stroke but realised it was a panic attack

embrace123
11-09-2013, 03:01 PM
I experienced that the 1st time I had my anxiety attack. My hole left side if my face went numb .

emtw12
11-09-2013, 03:26 PM
What's the diff between an ECG and EKG? xx

embrace123
11-09-2013, 03:43 PM
Doctors use both electrocardiography and echocardiography to examine the heart and diagnose cardiac problems. Both are painless, nonsurgical procedures. The difference is in what they measure: Electrocardiography, or EKG, detects electrical impulses in the heart and produces a real-time record of that activity. An echocardiogram uses ultrasound to construct a visual image of the heart.

vic
11-10-2013, 11:05 AM
I've never been bothered by my heart before but lately feels like my heart is slow to sum times I'm not on meds but a guy at my hubby's wrk had un noticed Heart defect since birth nd it just scares me think about heart failure nd alsorts feel like I'm not breathing sum times but cuz I've recently started wiv depression as well as anxiety I feel slowed dwn nd avent dne much physical activity at all but Ive health anxiety but I'm terriefied of doctors so I daren't go I'm just trying to think I've had a lot of stress on and still have a lot of Daily stresses so this along side depression nd anxiety will make it worse I hope :(

worriedmummy85
11-10-2013, 01:42 PM
I also have health anxiety and once I get something in my head I can't get it out, it will gradually get worse until I have an attack convince myself I am dying and end up either going to doctors or have paramedics out, it awful I can't get my head around it

I also think my doctors have not done enough to convince me this is anxiety and not something under lying I have had bloods done but that's it

I also work in the medical industry and I am constantly dealing with symptoms that fit mine my gp has recommended I take time off work until I fully start my CBT etc xx