PDA

View Full Version : Just a tip maybe?

anxmeg
11-09-2013, 09:40 AM
My grandma has been visiting for the last week and she is here over the weekend. I have been hanging out with her lots and it is interesting to see how spry she is at her age (84) and still going strong and traveling alone. She flew from Manitoba to Ontario where I live. Anyways it is inspiring to see all she can do at her age as I sit and worry about my heart at 29. Four days ago she decided she wanted to do a jigsaw puzzle so we brought one out. Since then we have finished two and I can't believe how much it has taken my mind of anxiety! I'll sit with her for two hours and do it and once I get up I realize my thoughts haven't strayed negatively at all. Honestly think I'll keep one on hand even once she goes home. May be something to try, just thought I'd share.

petrified
11-09-2013, 10:36 AM
Thanks anxmeg, it's really great you've found something to help you. I think I've found a job for my hubby now lol, to search around in the loft to find my old jigsaws. It's got to be worth ago. Thanks and your grandma sounds amazing :-)

anxmeg
11-10-2013, 08:39 AM
Thanks anxmeg, it's really great you've found something to help you. I think I've found a job for my hubby now lol, to search around in the loft to find my old jigsaws. It's got to be worth ago. Thanks and your grandma sounds amazing :-)

Thank you!!! Yes give it a shot! Just something to keep your mind distracted. Even if for a few hours our bodies can experience a small period of down time and recovery. Let me know how you make it :)

vic
11-10-2013, 10:03 AM
My grandma has been visiting for the last week and she is here over the weekend. I have been hanging out with her lots and it is interesting to see how spry she is at her age (84) and still going strong and traveling alone. She flew from Manitoba to Ontario where I live. Anyways it is inspiring to see all she can do at her age as I sit and worry about my heart at 29. Four days ago she decided she wanted to do a jigsaw puzzle so we brought one out. Since then we have finished two and I can't believe how much it has taken my mind of anxiety! I'll sit with her for two hours and do it and once I get up I realize my thoughts haven't strayed negatively at all. Honestly think I'll keep one on hand even once she goes home. May be something to try, just thought I'd share. my mum sd she used to do jigsaws when she used to suffer panic attacks because ur concentrating on the picture and the small pieces you forget ur anxiety exists and according to some methods such as the linden method the more you fill ur day with activities like this the more u push ur anxiety away and the less it's a problem. And good on ur gran they do inspire y people like that ;)