PDA

View Full Version : Sad news. :(

samanthajayne24
11-08-2013, 02:21 PM
Ears some bad news tonight. A 29 year old boy has passed away from a heart attack. He did have a heart condition but his passing was very sudden today. Do anyone else constantly think about your heart and worry constantly if you hear something like this. It seems to stick with me for days xx

Falcodj
11-09-2013, 07:41 AM
Samantha we cannot control the u known. I have a family history of heart disease. My mum died fom heart failure three years ago and my dad recently had a heart bypass op. I went to my doc cause of chest pains. He thinks it is anxiety ( I am 26 btw). However considering th history he recommends that when I reach 31 i should try a stress ecg test. So in your case if you feel some thing strange just go to your doctor, and he/she will conduct an evaluation. However u less you have a heart defect I would not worry :)

petrified
11-09-2013, 09:02 AM
Hi samanthajayne, that's very sad and scary news. Yes I can totally relate sometimes all I have to hear is a word or watch something on tv and it sticks with me for ages. I'm currently working on these issues at CBT sessions. For example my neighbours son had a stroke age 35 which had me scared stiff for days, I even ended up with stroke symptoms. You will be fine but I agree heart pains are really scary, but we just need to keep telling ourselves it's all anxiety. Hope your feeling a little better :-)

samanthajayne24
11-09-2013, 10:29 AM
Thanks for the reply guys. I have had numerous ECG and an echocardio scan and everything was perfectly normal. Just hope these feelings go away soon xxx

mistiblue
11-09-2013, 11:18 AM
That is very scary. What kind of heart condition did he have? I have something called Mitral Valve Prolapse and it scared me anytime I hear of someone just dropping dead. It is very rare with MVP, but possible and THAT's what scares me. MVP and anxiety make for a vicious cycle...

samanthajayne24
11-09-2013, 11:46 AM
Not sure to be honest but I think he had a triple bypass a couple of years ago. Xxx