PDA

View Full Version : Update from Appt

chewie90
11-07-2013, 06:41 AM
So I had my appt yesterday with the senior psychologist and I must say.....HE IS AMAZING! He asked all the right questions and even had scenarios to match. I have never had an appt like that. He told me exactly wat I need and wanted to hear. I have emetophobia(fear of getting sick in public). I've never heard of it before but after his analysis he came straight out and told me what I have. I am going to a good psychiatrist for the start of treatment next week. But I'm definitely gona keep this psychologist because I can tell that he really cares and doesn't want to give anyone a stupid theory just to make u still feel like your going crazy. He opened my eyes even more on understanding anxiety. My last psychologist said I have a panic disorder and tried to treat me for it when after today I clearly don't have it. Just crazy how some doctors think different than others.

bcarp66
11-07-2013, 06:46 AM
That is awesome!!! That's what happened when I started at my doc. Everyone needs to find that therapist that knocks your socks off and really helps you.

NeverToo...Fear
11-07-2013, 06:52 AM
Not all doctors are created equal. You'll find that each one has a different attitude and ways to attack problems despite they major in the same or similar profession. I have an amazing general physician and I had to go through quite a few of them to find him! So I'm glad you've found a good psychologist that you like, Chewie! Hopefully you'll like your psychiatrist too next week and things will get better for you as they can help you with this emetophobia.

petrified
11-07-2013, 07:20 AM
That's great chewie, I'm really pleased for you. I bet it's great to be finally given that diagnosis :-)

chewie90
11-07-2013, 09:28 AM
Thanks everyone! I feel great knowing my diagnosis and looking forward to start the right treatment and not the wrong one.