PDA

View Full Version : Feeling off mentally

conz188
11-06-2013, 05:02 PM
For the past week I have been feeling off mentally. I cannot focus or concentrate properly and am constantly tired. I have trouble sleeping and I just feel disconnected from myself mentally. I have been suffering from anxiety for over a year now. I am not sure if this is a symptom of my anxiety or not but it feels like it is. When I get up in the morning I feel like myself and I think everything is fine, but within an our of getting out of bed the symptoms start to creep up on me and they persist all day. I cannot shake them off and I am tired of feeling this way. I cannot function normally anymore and need a solution!

Tink1595
11-06-2013, 05:24 PM
Yes, Some days are harder then others, have you tried going to a doctor? I'm sorry you are feeling this way, but understand how you feel as I am going through a hard time as well!

conz188
11-06-2013, 06:13 PM
No I haven't been to a doctor yet, I have an appointment with a psychologist in 2 weeks but I cannot wait until then. I just find these symptoms so strange as I don't seem to have any of the classic anxiety symptoms that I've experienced in the past.

kowboykid
11-06-2013, 06:33 PM
No I haven't been to a doctor yet, I have an appointment with a psychologist in 2 weeks but I cannot wait until then. I just find these symptoms so strange as I don't seem to have any of the classic anxiety symptoms that I've experienced in the past.
I've been the exact same.

AnxiousPsychGrad
11-06-2013, 08:45 PM
I was diagnosed with anxiety years ago, but only recently began to experience what you are having now. Are you familiar with depersonalization? If not, read up on it. It is VERY scary indeed. In my opinion, it is the worst symptom of anxiety. I don't feel like myself. I feel detached from everything. I feel like I'm looking at the world through someone else's eyes.
I've experienced it all. It is so very hard to believe that anxiety can be causing all of this, but I've seen six doctors in the past month (going to be 8 doctors by Friday) who have all given me a clean bill of health, minus anxiety.
I try to do things to keep my mind off of it like watch my favorite movies. I also color (I'm 25 years old and not ashamed to admit it either). It relaxes my mind tremendously. I've recently gotten into meditation to help me sleep. I'm usually sleeping before the 10 minute exercise is done.
Your mind is playing tricks on you, and you must convince yourself of that or you'll drive yourself crazy. Believe me, I've been there.
I truly hope you see some relief soon. I know all to well the effects this has on your mind and body.

conz188
11-07-2013, 11:26 AM
I was diagnosed with anxiety years ago, but only recently began to experience what you are having now. Are you familiar with depersonalization? If not, read up on it. It is VERY scary indeed. In my opinion, it is the worst symptom of anxiety. I don't feel like myself. I feel detached from everything. I feel like I'm looking at the world through someone else's eyes.
I've experienced it all. It is so very hard to believe that anxiety can be causing all of this, but I've seen six doctors in the past month (going to be 8 doctors by Friday) who have all given me a clean bill of health, minus anxiety.
I try to do things to keep my mind off of it like watch my favorite movies. I also color (I'm 25 years old and not ashamed to admit it either). It relaxes my mind tremendously. I've recently gotten into meditation to help me sleep. I'm usually sleeping before the 10 minute exercise is done.
Your mind is playing tricks on you, and you must convince yourself of that or you'll drive yourself crazy. Believe me, I've been there.
I truly hope you see some relief soon. I know all to well the effects this has on your mind and body.

Thanks for your reply. I went to my doctor this morning just to confirm everything and was told that blood pressure is fine, I seem healthy ect. They prescribed sleeping pills and said just to try resting and getting decent sleep at night. I know that this must be anxiety as it came on so suddenly and came after a stressful couple weeks in college. I still feel dazed and tired but I'm hoping the rest and good sleep will help.

vic
11-07-2013, 03:30 PM
No I haven't been to a doctor yet, I have an appointment with a psychologist in 2 weeks but I cannot wait until then. I just find these symptoms so strange as I don't seem to have any of the classic anxiety symptoms that I've experienced in the past. I am the same what I personally thinks happens is ur body and brain begin to not work together after long periods of prolonged anxiety cuz I've felt the same. I think ur nervous system is very tierd and is strained wiv the constant fight or fight and ur body is tierd and it's repairing it's self like our bodies do but because ur brain and thoughts are still racing and are still anxious ur body is trying to ignor the fight or fight cuz it needs to repair so you still get symptoms but they feel different because ther not a full on panic attack but just that fear of dread nd nervousness all day long in ur body nd feeling slowed dwn well that's what I think happens by my own experiences hope this helps ;)