PDA

View Full Version : Nervous and stress.

amaranth
11-06-2013, 02:07 PM
Hi all, I am new here. I have had some very adverse conditions of living for awhile now and really that would make anyone nervous however lately I am back in the stratosphere level of anxiety, obsessing over every exchange, every conversation, every interraction and so sick with worry about money and circumstance and needs. I have always had obssessive worry over things to the point I research them to death. I konw my anxiety must be rooted in a traumatic upbringing and therapy and such is no option as I am very poor right now. But I also had bad experiences with therapists in the past so I am determined to do this on my own. I had some luck with meditation on the past but I can't get back to it, I am just too on edge and I think I may have some ADD or something since I have a neurological condition that 50 percent of people who have get ADD also. Either way I have to deal somehow. I was horribly bullied in school as a child and abused at home and it kind of wired my brain to be scared all the time and I can't focus. Sorry to ramble but the anxiety is bad because I have had to make a bunch of phone calls and fill out paperwork and job search and other stressful things- these are normal everyday things but I just get so stressed out so easily, can anyone relate? I always get extremely stressed when I have to make calls to take care of anything even if it is to make a dr appointment because I am so nervous about my tone of voice and if I seem rude, stupid or if the other person seems mad. I think again it's due to being abused as a child even though I am so old I should be over it.

alankay
11-06-2013, 02:47 PM
Sounds like anxiety/social anxiety to me. Not so much ADD IMHO.
You might write out all the things that might have been tough and caused issues to start. Then discard the paper and try to acknowledge these could be the roots of your anxiety and it not your fault. But in time and with help you will someday get much better by coming to terms with it all. Pm me any time. Alankay