PDA

View Full Version : need advice about morning anxiety

canadaguy
11-05-2013, 08:58 PM
I need some advice about morning anxiety.I stay up late because I am worried about falling asleep and what the next day will bring.Any advice would be very much appreciated.

JLBnole68
11-06-2013, 12:08 AM
Is there anything in particular you're worried about?

canadaguy
11-06-2013, 02:03 AM
Is there anything in particular you're worried about?

yes when I wake up I feel anxious about what the day will be like.i am on celaxa 30mgs,i just need some advice on how to get through the morning because later on in the day the anxiety subsides somewhat.some tips on how to handle this would be helpful,advice on handling the sensations would be also, thanks.tips on not fearing the what ifs also thanks.

Chris C
11-06-2013, 11:30 AM
The last couple months I have had terrible morning anxiety. As soon as I wake up it's almost instant anxiety attack. To be honest the only way I'm coping is by getting up and taking a klonopin first thing. Then I usually do some meditation or relaxation exercise. Then force myself to get ready and go to work.

By the afternoon I'm usually feeling somewhat better and then by nighttime I'm ok. It is getting somewhat easier after repeated exposure.

Chris C
11-06-2013, 12:11 PM
Also make sure you're getting enough sleep. Otherwise that's just going to make you that much more anxious in the morning. I usually take a melatonin tablet at bedtime to help me get to sleep.

canadaguy
11-06-2013, 01:39 PM
Also make sure you're getting enough sleep. Otherwise that's just going to make you that much more anxious in the morning. I usually take a melatonin tablet at bedtime to help me get to sleep.

thanks for the advice,much appreciated.