PDA

View Full Version : is my anxiety coming back?

emilyanne89
01-07-2008, 02:31 PM
I had a really bad experience with anxiety this past summer including panic attacks, loss of appetite, vomiting, the works. I started therapy and medication and I've been feeling better for the past few months. But all of a sudden during the past 2 weeks I've been starting to feel the way I did over the summer. Could my anxiety be coming back? Does my medication even work? It's really getting in the way of my life again and I'm starting to feel really hopeless. I'm going off to college this year and I don't want to have to deal with anxiety on top of it.

RabidBadger
01-07-2008, 04:05 PM
Hi Emilyanne

Could it be that your anxiety has flared up again because of Christmas and the new year?

Very often I find that my own anxiety is worse at these times because they break up my routines and cause all sorts of emotions (even emotions like excitement sometimes get translated into anxiety).

Also, I don't know if you have, but some people over-indulge with things like alcohol over the Christmas period and this can make you feel worse and stop the drugs working.

Best wishes

Chris