PDA

View Full Version : Scared?!!

saralouise75
11-03-2013, 04:44 PM
I have just jolted awake with bad pins and needles in left arm and hand,my face feels numb and I have pains in the chest.I am really panicking as I am thinking about my heart.Any ideas??Don't usually get the pins and needles.?

trinidiva
11-03-2013, 05:07 PM
You could just be having a panic attack. Pay attention to your breathing. ....breathe in through your nose, out through your mouth.concentrate only on your breathing.

As far as your pins and needles, were you sleeping on your left side? That would explain that feeling.

saralouise75
11-03-2013, 05:18 PM
I can't remember how I was sleeping!!!!!the pins and needles isn't so bad,still have the pains and feels like there is a lump in my throat now,I hate this.:-(

Chris C
11-03-2013, 05:28 PM
Do you still have the pins and needles feeling? Most likely you slept funny, woke up with the pins and needles and that immediately made you worried and began a panic attack. Try doing belly breathing and see if the symptoms lessen.

James Valdez
11-03-2013, 06:02 PM
it could be a nocturnal panic attack ive had a few of those and they are fuckin horible to go through ..one time i jolted almost jumped outa bed on the couch and i was sweating like mad and my heart was pounding harder than ever and i was shaky my moutth was dry. i had trouble breathing so i went to my safe place(the bathroom) and splashed water in my face and tried to calm down i though i was havin a heart attack for like two hours...it sucked i wake up everyday thinking its my last .it happened after i saw my mom die from a heart attack ...now almost everyday my mind finds symptoms of heart problems...i cant ignore anything if my arm hurts i think its my heart the only thing that somewhat helps is pot but then i feel guilty using it so i get panicy about that and then the cycle repeats

paulinafr
11-03-2013, 06:22 PM
I used to get pins and needles but not at night, any time I had a panic attack during the day. Sometimes my arm or hand would feel as if it's going numb and sometimes my face. I guess physical symptoms change all the time. Usually I get really dizzy, dry mouth, feel like I can't breath and going to pass out...