PDA

View Full Version : Stomach pains.

littleone123
11-02-2013, 04:59 PM
Does anyone else get sore pains in their upper tummy. Like burning scraping in stomach? Makes me burp like crazy and feel sick and get that watery mouth feeling?

I'm on tablets to reduce stomach acid and I still get the pains and it's the highest dose I can have. Always worse at night and in the morning especially if iv not eaten for a while. But the pains so bad I can't eat when I have it. And it's not hunger pains

littleone123
11-02-2013, 04:59 PM
Plus I'm petrified of feeling and being sick so it don't help. It's like a wave of pain comes over me

worriedmummy85
11-02-2013, 05:02 PM
Which stomach tablets have you been put on if you don't mind me asking?

littleone123
11-02-2013, 05:08 PM
Lansoprazole 30mg

worriedmummy85
11-02-2013, 05:10 PM
I don't get this feeling but I am on omeprazole so you could ask to switch

littleone123
11-02-2013, 05:17 PM
My mums on them and she said she don't get the pains anymore either. Might ask for different ones then. It's like scraping and burning and so so painful

worriedmummy85
11-02-2013, 05:19 PM
I would def ask to change I only get one problem with my med it tends to trap belches not for long but it can do it

kowboykid
11-02-2013, 11:37 PM
Could be indigestion or heart burn.

raggamuffin
11-03-2013, 10:28 AM
Those 2 meds are for stomach acid levels though. I find I get stomach pains a lot and it feels more bloating or gassy. Other times it's just sheer agony and I just put up with it. Far as I could tell from dr's unless you're constipated, have diarehha or blood in stools then they're not overly concerned. Which is annoying as hell.

Ed

Dweeb
11-03-2013, 10:36 AM
It may be IBS that your suffering from stomach pains with that can be felt anywhere and at times rele agonizing

littleone123
11-03-2013, 11:55 AM
I don't have IBS coz I don't go toilet often enough. It's more up in the top of my tummy the pain is right under my boobs. Ibs is more in the bowels

jamiebrown
11-03-2013, 11:56 AM
Hiatus hernia ?

Dahila
11-03-2013, 12:07 PM
Tecta or pantoloc are the acid inhibitors. I usually take some for a months and no problem for like 3 or 4 months. You guys should ask doc for a blood test for bacterium called Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) is a major cause of peptic ulcers. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), such as aspirin and ibuprofen, are another common cause. Rarely, cancerous or noncancerous tumors in the stomach, duodenum, or pancreas cause ulcers.

Peptic ulcers are not caused by stress or eating spicy food, but both can make ulcer symptoms worse. Smoking and drinking alcohol also can worsen ulcers and prevent healing. I have been there and suffered with terrible stomach pains. After treatment, actually two of them, I never had the stomach pains, I have high acid but it is caused probably by my anxiety...

littleone123
11-04-2013, 04:36 PM
Iv had a test for H.pylori and it came back negative. Also been told by the doctor that having an ulcer at my age is impossible they don't seem to care. I used to take ibuprofen and other strong anti inflammatory tablets for about 5 years on and off for a personal reason. I believe these havnt helped an now with my stomach acid bein the problem it's all got too much for me to handle I don't eat spicy foods and never been drunk.

Iv requested a camera in my stomach and been refused and been refused an ultra sound scan. Every time I speak to a doctor he just passes it off as too much stomach acid which I take tablets for

scrambledegg
11-04-2013, 04:53 PM
It may be stress related? - anxiety hits me right in the stomach. Emotional pain = physical pain :( - it's like someone punched me in the guts :( .. It does go away, but any time I get hurt, that's where it hurts!

But I'd go to the docs if you're worrying about it!

littleone123
11-04-2013, 05:04 PM
Me and my bf went through a lot of stress and I did a lot of crying and worrying and a lot of arguing happened. And I'd cry for days and days and be angry and hurt. And now as soon as I get angry it's like someone's stabbed me in the stomach below by bra.

Been docs they just want to put me on anxiety meds and keep me on the acid tablets. Don't seem interested

Dahila
11-05-2013, 08:38 AM
what age, now even children get stomach ulcers, It is less uncommon that you think. YOur doctor is an idiot like most of them.

littleone123
11-05-2013, 04:26 PM
I'm 24. Was on anti inflammatory tabs from 16-22

Blessed
11-05-2013, 05:08 PM
Iv had a test for H.pylori and it came back negative. Also been told by the doctor that having an ulcer at my age is impossible they don't seem to care. I used to take ibuprofen and other strong anti inflammatory tablets for about 5 years on and off for a personal reason. I believe these havnt helped an now with my stomach acid bein the problem it's all got too much for me to handle I don't eat spicy foods and never been drunk. Iv requested a camera in my stomach and been refused and been refused an ultra sound scan. Every time I speak to a doctor he just passes it off as too much stomach acid which I take tablets fori would recommend you see a different doctor if you are able to do so. Sounds like this doctor does not have good bedside manners. I dealt with this exact same problem. Center of stomach just below sternum . Mine also hurt on the right side of my stomach just below ribs. It felt like someone was scraping my stomach with a knife on the inside, it burned and felt raw . It lasted for months. I was put on Prilosec , then two Prilosec a day, then Prilosec maalox and Prilosec a day, finally they referred me to gastroenterologist. I had an upper endoscope done which is the light down the throat into stomach. They took two biopsies and determined mine to be acid reflux and gastritis. I was then taken off Prilosec and maalox and put on protonix twice a day. It has been almost month and I cannot begin to tell you how much better I feel. No more burning raw gnawing pain in my stomach. I wish I would have found this med sooner. Hang in there and don't let that doctor discourage you. You are paying them for their service and if you can't see another doctor I would demand to be referred to a gastro doctor. Best of luck!!!

PanicPhobia
11-05-2013, 05:23 PM
As a teenager I had bad stomach pains for a few years. I went to a doctor several times and he just said it's a "spastic colon." Years later I googled that term and come to find out it means that the doctor has no clue what's causing it. Maybe it was teenage "growing pains" or maybe it was an early symptom of my anxiety. I don't know. As an adult I don't have problems, so maybe it was just a teenage thing. But, mine was more of a "cramping" or "stabbing" feeling lower in my gut, not really something that made me belch, etc.

But, yeah, i know people who have stomach issues and they are never fun. Good thing is, most of the time it is nothing serious.

anthonyjbro760
11-06-2013, 05:55 PM
Now I'm scared I have a ulcer I always feel like somthing is cought in esphogous and when I drink water goes down slowly burp a lot get nauses I don't know what to do I can't tell anymore what anxiety is or if its multiple health issues I'm dying :'( doctors don't seem too concerned

AnxiousPsychGrad
11-06-2013, 08:57 PM
Anthony, what you are describing is classic anxiety issues. I've felt all of what you have (and plus some). In the past month, I've been to 6 different doctors (will be 8 by Friday) and they have all given me a clean bill of health, minus anxiety. I've come to the realization that this is in my head. The pain is REAL, and I know it. But my anxiety is causing these pains. And I've got to learn to live with that. Hope you find some relief soon.