PDA

View Full Version : Insomnia ...

Kmann1969
11-02-2013, 07:10 AM
I don't sleep well... Wake up easy or just lay here and think of dumb things.. I was just dreaming of pumpkin pie. Thanksgiving is definitely around the corner.. Lol anybody else have sleep issues ?

mikecole114
11-02-2013, 11:22 AM
yeah my sleep is on and off bad. i find i can keep myself busy all day but the nagging worries have come and keep me awake and alert the one time i can find nothing to do but think. im not a big reader but my doctor and alot of people swear by it reading before you sleep and as soon as you feel tiredness put down the book dont read till the end of the chapter. my doc tried to explain why this is significant in helping but i cant really remember aha!
hope that helps?
im scared of trying sleeping pills as ive been told how addictive they are.

nf1234
11-02-2013, 04:04 PM
Try a product called Natural Calm Magnesium. Look it up on Amazon and read all the great reviews. Its awesome for insomnia, anxiety, depression, ect.

MainerMikeBrown
11-02-2013, 04:31 PM
Before I went on medication for bi-polar disorder, it would often take me two hours to get to sleep after going to bed.

AnxiousPsychGrad
11-02-2013, 04:48 PM
At the onset of my severe panic attacks, I would not sleep longer than two hours a day for over a week. I was MISERABLE! The doctor finally put me on Klonopin this week and I'm finally starting to sleep through the night. If you aren't taking any other medications, maybe you can try St. John's Wort? I've taken it once before starting my Zoloft and it helped. Or chamomile tea? I've also started meditating before sleep. There's an app called "Headspace" and it relaxes me tremendously. Hope you get some sleep soon!