PDA

View Full Version : Jessed...melanoma update

defmunel
10-31-2013, 04:52 PM
So I went in to my pcp today and had her look at the weird mole.

She felt like it was benign, and not to worry. Told me she'd look into it some more and then call me back.

Well, she called. Said she wasn't 100% sure and would rather me see a derm to make sure. Especially that I'm pregnant. Not good to wait.

It stinks though. Now I've gotten really worried about it. :(

jessed03
11-01-2013, 09:10 PM
I missed this thread! My ego must be dying down with age, usually I'm all over threads with my name on!

I guess it's good she felt it was benign. At least... it's better than her gasping, dropping her pen and dramatically taking off her glasses.

Sucks she couldn't say for sure though, just to allow you to focus on the next few big months. I guess that boob stretch-age really has made it confusing. :eek:

Do you know how long until you'll get a derm appointment?

defmunel
11-03-2013, 07:23 AM
I go in about a week. I'm actually pretty calm about it, and don't dwell in it. What else can I do? I'm being proactive, getting it checked...I've done my part. The rest is not up to me, although I have a feeling I might survive this one. ;)

Gosh darn I'm so dang tired. I've had this terrible cough and sore throat for a week and see no end in sight. Being sick while pregnant shouldn't be allowed. Can't take many meds, so I live on cough drops. This is some kind of sick joke. Pun intended. :)

Well, here's hoping that I get to live a little longer! I'd like to raise my kidlets. :)