PDA

View Full Version : Fainting and panic

mhillqt
10-31-2013, 05:21 AM
I have fainted with panic over 40x in the last 25 years and I fear it everyday ... I wake up drenched in sweat, shaking profusely and puking or diarrhea... I eat well, excercise, meditate etc . I recently restarted 5 mg Prozac ..can't handle therapeutic doses ...it helps with depression but not so much w panic ...I worked for 30yrs in corp America and was laid off in may and now feel too anxious to work for the first time in my life...I've tried all ..intensive cbt, reiki with a dr, accupuntyre w a dr, biofeedback, and I see a psychiatrist for therapy 2x per week ....I also meditate daily ...I've read Claire weekes but I get stuck on "panic can't hurt you"...I faint and wake up sick and sometimes hurt...my dr says I have PTSD from the fainting and also OCD thinking ...feel like I've run out of options

rainboots
10-31-2013, 06:13 AM
I know where you're coming from. I have hypoglycemia and have seizures...haven't found out if they are related but one follows the other. I am so scared of either feeling that I freak out and spend most of my energy trying to avoid either. Everyone has their opinion....not enough exercise, I bring it on myself with thoughts about it .. But I can't help my feelings about what could possibly happen. This is the first time I have not been able to work too and fortunately right now I don't have because I have episodes 2-3 times a week. I need tons of sleep and rest which most people cant understand. To top it all off, my license was suspended because of my seizures. That didn't help my depression for sure as I feel trapped inside the house six days a week. I have a wonderful BF that uses his day off to cart me and my son to dr appts which, in and of itself, is depressing. So yeah, you're not alone.

mhillqt
10-31-2013, 11:32 AM
Do you have epilepsy or psychogenic seizures?

rainboots
10-31-2013, 01:58 PM
I think I have epilepsy but so far have not been dxed. What are psychogenic seizures? I have started to have myoclonus jerks which are absolutely lovely.

Had a low earlier today of 58, then a high after I ate, now myoclonus jerks and diarrhea. I am in bed for the rest of the day.m I feel guilty constantly because I can't get my housework done when this happens and my BF counts on me.

mhillqt
10-31-2013, 02:07 PM
You need a veeg where you are hooked up to monitors in a hospital for a few days to observe the seizure ... I did this since my fainting was sometimes seizure like ., psychogenic seizures are psychologically induced and not physical brain abnormality .. Go to a neurologist

mhillqt
10-31-2013, 02:09 PM
Are you on a hypoglycemic dirt ..I was dx with hypo many yrs ago and was more careful with my diet ..anxiety can also impact blood sugar

rainboots
11-01-2013, 10:32 AM
Hypo dirt? I see the neuro in Dec. I hope we get some answers.

mhillqt
11-01-2013, 11:05 AM
Hypoglycemic diet .....