PDA

View Full Version : anxious about going back to work

canadaguy
10-30-2013, 05:45 PM
Iam going back to work tomorrow after being off for awhile.Iam anxious about going back.It was where I had the panic attack that started this anxiety and mild depression.I am taking celexa 30mgs.I need some advice on how I can get through the day.It is a big department store so I will see coworkers who will ask where I have been.If I feel anxious I need advice on how I can handle it.Any help would be helpful thanks.The job is labor intensive.My supervisor is a gossip so he can not be trusted with info about my condition,Or anyone else who works there.Any help please.

littleone123
10-30-2013, 05:52 PM
Don't think about the bad things that will happen. If any one asks where u have been just say u had some time out for personal reasons or family reasons that u don't want to discuss. I have been in ur position where I was signed off by the doctor but I'm quite open with things and everyone at work knows why and we talk about it. Don't think about the negatives about going back. Tell yourself one step at a time.

One thing iv learned not to do (which takes some strength and time) is to not clock watch to count down the hours. I tell myself every day is different from the next and the place that started your anxiety cannot beat you. Throw urself into any work u can to keep busy that's what I do.

Good luck you can do it.

Stephj526
10-30-2013, 08:01 PM
Iam going back to work tomorrow after being off for awhile.Iam anxious about going back.It was where I had the panic attack that started this anxiety and mild depression.I am taking celexa 30mgs.I need some advice on how I can get through the day.It is a big department store so I will see coworkers who will ask where I have been.If I feel anxious I need advice on how I can handle it.Any help would be helpful thanks.The job is labor intensive.My supervisor is a gossip so he can not be trusted with info about my condition,Or anyone else who works there.Any help please.

That was a hard day for me too. I had taken some time off and was super nervous about going back. But the thing to remember is it wasn't the place that made you panic, but your thoughts.
You may not be able to control the place, the job, the people...but you can control how you think about things. Try to think about the positives of your day tomorrow as it happens and celebrate the small accomplishments. And when you feel a panic moment starting, distract yourself or talk to someone about anything. Just something to keep your mind occupied for a bit.
Hope you have a great day!!

canadaguy
10-31-2013, 12:07 AM
That was a hard day for me too. I had taken some time off and was super nervous about going back. But the thing to remember is it wasn't the place that made you panic, but your thoughts.
You may not be able to control the place, the job, the people...but you can control how you think about things. Try to think about the positives of your day tomorrow as it happens and celebrate the small accomplishments. And when you feel a panic moment starting, distract yourself or talk to someone about anything. Just something to keep your mind occupied for a bit.
Hope you have a great day!! thank you for the advice,very much appreciated.

canadaguy
10-31-2013, 12:10 AM
Don't think about the bad things that will happen. If any one asks where u have been just say u had some time out for personal reasons or family reasons that u don't want to discuss. I have been in ur position where I was signed off by the doctor but I'm quite open with things and everyone at work knows why and we talk about it. Don't think about the negatives about going back. Tell yourself one step at a time.

One thing iv learned not to do (which takes some strength and time) is to not clock watch to count down the hours. I tell myself every day is different from the next and the place that started your anxiety cannot beat you. Throw urself into any work u can to keep busy that's what I do.

Good luck you can do it.thank you for the advice,much appreciated.