PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety attack hangover

samanthajayne24
10-30-2013, 01:54 PM
Hi does anybody else suffer with these. Since the severe attack last night I have felt absolutely awful today , no appetite , sick, palpitations, spaced out , and petrified it's going to happen again. Not on any medication at the moment but going over the doctors tomorrow to see if he will give me something to calm me down ! Hoping he will give me diazepam or something xx

samanthajayne24
10-30-2013, 02:17 PM
Yes m hoping it may give me citalpram as these helped me many years ago xx

NixonRulz
10-30-2013, 02:20 PM
Hi does anybody else suffer with these. Since the severe attack last night I have felt absolutely awful today , no appetite , sick, palpitations, spaced out , and petrified it's going to happen again. Not on any medication at the moment but going over the doctors tomorrow to see if he will give me something to calm me down ! Hoping he will give me diazepam or something xx

I never used to feel that way after a panic attack.

However, I did feel that way if I was "petrified it was going to happen again"

Those symptoms were from what might happen, not what happened

samanthajayne24
10-30-2013, 02:41 PM
[QUOTE="NixonRulz;125730"] I never used to feel that way after a panic attack. However, I did feel that way if I was "petrified it was going to happen again" Those symptoms were from what might happen, not what happened[/QUOT

Yes I think it's more a fear of waiting for it to happen again x

tailspin
10-30-2013, 10:51 PM
Its pretty common . The brain is effected in a way such as drinking to much or migraines would be . Both these cause problems in the following hours or days .

Personally i think you better off with a longer term drug than using a short term benzo .

I totally agree with this. I have often experienced a hangover of physical symptoms after a severe panic attack.

I'm not talking about a panic attack that is over in 10 minutes. I'm talking about a panic attack which has me up ALL night feeling so ill that I think I'm literally about to die. Thankfully, I don't have these very often, but when I do, I always feel ill for about 24 hours afterwards. My whole body is effected and it really is like a hangover. I've never thought about it that way before, but that's a very good description.

I also agree with forwells that an anti-depressant might be a better bet. It's good to hear you are most likely going back on Celexa. Good lucki!