PDA

View Full Version : Need advice plz help

col73
01-04-2008, 07:38 AM
Ive suffered from anxiety for over 10yrs and it has destroyed my life, from jobs to relationships, now I think Ive developed depression.

2007 was a terrible year for me, my closest cousing was murdered in march, then my uncle died of cancer in september, and now on new years day my girlfriend of 13yrs tells me she doesnt love me anymore, Im at breaking point, and need advice on how to cope with this, before I do sommat crazy.

Thanks

setler
01-09-2008, 12:02 AM
That sounds like some very hard obstacles. If you are having serious enough anxiety that you feel suicidal, go to the ER or a doctor and get some xanax for crisis use. If they give you xanax, they will want to put you on an antidepressant as well. Give it a shot if you want, just know every med works differently and it might make you feel great, or it might make you feel even crazier (in which case you should stop taking it and trying another). I am on my third med, and I think most consider that lucky considering how far people have to go.

Looking into therapy is also a good idea considering the amount it sounds like you have gone through, if you haven't started already.

There a lot of other things that might help, such as doing the things in life that make you happy, that bring you passion, things you love. Finding those people you love or can reach out to is very powerful as well. Building a support group from your loved ones or close friends can be a lifesaver, literally.

I wish you the best on your journey. Just remember, things CAN get better.

Message me if you have any other questions.

Frazzle
01-24-2008, 07:24 AM
i wish i could be there to watch over you and help you more directly through this time, tell me do you have people, friends and family that can help you?

Beachgirl
01-31-2008, 04:48 PM
that's horrible you have had to endure so much lately. My symptoms were bad anxiety more than depression but what worked for was a cbt group I finished last summer. It may be worth a shot and I'm not really a med fan but you may need the pick me up in the short run. I feel ya.