PDA

View Full Version : fearing the day so it hard to get out of bed

canadaguy
10-29-2013, 07:05 PM
I have been having a tough time getting out of bed because I am worried about what the day will bring.You wake up with anxiety and think here we go again.In the morning seems to be the hardest for motivation, any advice would be very much appreciated.I have been staying up late to put off sleeping,i know it is irrational,but if anyone has experienced this your insight would be valued,I am taking celexa 30mg.I have not taken the medication at work yet as I have been off for awhile,thanks again.

RunnerChick
10-29-2013, 07:59 PM
I have been in your shoes. About a year ago I struggled with some of the worst depression and anxiety I have ever had in my life. There were some major events in my life that caused me to feel this way and they all happened at the same time. At my lowest point, I would stay up the early morning hours laying on the couch mindlessly in my pajamas, unable to motivate myself to do anything. Then, I would sleep until 2-3 p.m. and FORCE myself out of bed. I mean, like...TEARS. I would force myself to drive to work and work until 11 pm.-12 a.m., then do everything all over again day in and day out. On days off, I would just stay in bed all day, sleeping or tossing around and staring at the ceiling. I literally could NOT bring myself to get out of bed. Even a walk downstairs to the kitchen to get a drink of water was a major motivation for me.

This went on for months. What helped me break out of it was (finally!!!) finding a new job that I really enjoyed. Creating a more steady routine really helped break the self-destructive cycle. I went from sobbing in the parking lot before work at my old job to happily going into my new job and staying late, then getting home and feeling much more content. If you can find any type of routine every day involving something you like or at least tolerate more than what you're currently doing, I find that helps a lot. Also, doing stuff with a lot of distractions/fast-paced that literally takes up all the space in your mind normally occupied by anxious thoughts and fears helps as well.

Hang in there...it will pass. It always does.

Chris C
10-29-2013, 09:35 PM
Recently mornings for me have been terrible. I feel ok by nighttime but as soon as I wake up I get hit with instant panic. My girlfriend wakes up an hour before I need to so I typically jump out of bed, take a klonopin and then get back in bed. By the time I have to get up I feel a little better. It's still a real struggle though.

canadaguy
10-30-2013, 12:06 AM
I have been in your shoes. About a year ago I struggled with some of the worst depression and anxiety I have ever had in my life. There were some major events in my life that caused me to feel this way and they all happened at the same time. At my lowest point, I would stay up the early morning hours laying on the couch mindlessly in my pajamas, unable to motivate myself to do anything. Then, I would sleep until 2-3 p.m. and FORCE myself out of bed. I mean, like...TEARS. I would force myself to drive to work and work until 11 pm.-12 a.m., then do everything all over again day in and day out. On days off, I would just stay in bed all day, sleeping or tossing around and staring at the ceiling. I literally could NOT bring myself to get out of bed. Even a walk downstairs to the kitchen to get a drink of water was a major motivation for me.

This went on for months. What helped me break out of it was (finally!!!) finding a new job that I really enjoyed. Creating a more steady routine really helped break the self-destructive cycle. I went from sobbing in the parking lot before work at my old job to happily going into my new job and staying late, then getting home and feeling much more content. If you can find any type of routine every day involving something you like or at least tolerate more than what you're currently doing, I find that helps a lot. Also, doing stuff with a lot of distractions/fast-paced that literally takes up all the space in your mind normally occupied by anxious thoughts and fears helps as well.

Hang in there...it will pass. It always does. thank you very much for your advice,it is so nice of you to answer my post,keep smiling,thanks again.