PDA

View Full Version : Severe panic attack. !!!

samanthajayne24
10-29-2013, 05:23 PM
I have had the worst night ever ended up in a&e. My heart was racing felt dizzy and sick. Convinced myself I was having a heart attack. Just got home from hospital and I feel so drained and still feel sick probably from where I was so worked up ' this is the worst feeling ever. Never had an attack like that before. Hospital has done all test and confirmed everything is fine but I still can't cam down !!!

Chris C
10-29-2013, 05:43 PM
Sorry to hear that. I've been in that situation as have probably a lot of people on here. Did the hospital give you anything to calm you down ? Do you have any meds you can take?

samanthajayne24
10-29-2013, 05:44 PM
No they didn't give me anything neither am I on medication. He suggested congtitive behaviour therapy xxx

Blessed
10-29-2013, 05:52 PM
I have had the worst night ever ended up in a&e. My heart was racing felt dizzy and sick. Convinced myself I was having a heart attack. Just got home from hospital and I feel so drained and still feel sick probably from where I was so worked up ' this is the worst feeling ever. Never had an attack like that before. Hospital has done all test and confirmed everything is fine but I still can't cam down !!!oh Hun bless you ! I have been where u are . Just this weekend actually. I didn't go to ER but I was ready too. I'm so sorry just try to hang in there. How are you feeling now?

samanthajayne24
10-29-2013, 05:56 PM
Not to bad now just trying to get to sleep. Still feel a bit shaky and stomachs churning bit think it's Jst the after effects. Doctor thinks I have OCD as I am obsessing over my heart and I keep checking my pulse. Going to start CBT. Got to try something xx

Blessed
10-29-2013, 06:06 PM
My doc knows I have OCD about heart and health anxiety so I can relate. It's a bugger. I hope it all works out for you !

samanthajayne24
10-30-2013, 03:36 AM
Feeling very emotional today after the attack and petrified it's going to happen again:(. Going to look into cognitive behaviour therapy . Has anyone had any success with this xx

DarkSoul
10-30-2013, 03:42 AM
I have had the worst night ever ended up in a&e. My heart was racing felt dizzy and sick. Convinced myself I was having a heart attack. Just got home from hospital and I feel so drained and still feel sick probably from where I was so worked up ' this is the worst feeling ever. Never had an attack like that before. Hospital has done all test and confirmed everything is fine but I still can't cam down !!!

I suffered panic attacks many years ago and experienced EXACTLY what you described. I couldn't believe nothing was wrong with me, but I had several opinions and they all said I showed all the classic symptoms of panic attack. With treatment and counselling, panic attacks can disappear. I haven't had one for years. So don't lose heart, it's treatable.

samanthajayne24
10-30-2013, 03:45 AM
Thanks for the reply. I have had to have a day off work today as u can't concentrate in Anything. ! It's the worst feeling ever.

Blessed
10-30-2013, 07:30 PM
Thanks for the reply. I have had to have a day off work today as u can't concentrate in Anything. ! It's the worst feeling ever.hey there how are you feeling today?

Stephj526
10-30-2013, 07:56 PM
Thanks for the reply. I have had to have a day off work today as u can't concentrate in Anything. ! It's the worst feeling ever.

What you're describing is how I felt a the peak of my anxiety. I'm on Lexapro now and feel so much better. My psychiatrist also suggested CBT. I haven't tried it yet, but plan to and hear great things. In fact, my doc even said that CBT could help me get off meds and feel "normal" again.

I hope you are feeling better soon!

samanthajayne24
10-31-2013, 01:00 AM
Hi all. Not to bad today. The only thing I have now isit feels like my insides are shaking from head to foot :/. Booked my 1st session of CBT for next Thursday night xx

samanthajayne24
10-31-2013, 07:02 AM
Back from docs. Back on citalopram. Hope they kick in soon. Starting my CBT next Thursday. Xx