PDA

View Full Version : Sharp pain in head

onebreathatatime
10-29-2013, 04:36 PM
Today out of nowhere I got this stabbing type pain in my head on the right side. It felt like it went through the back/side over my ear and into my eye. It only lasts a few seconds and it's not terribly painful but it's freaking me out. I googled and it came up with anyurism and tumor yet I don't have any of other symptoms. Then I came across ice pick headache and it seems to be similar. Anyone else experience this?

onebreathatatime
10-29-2013, 04:51 PM
Anyone????

NixonRulz
10-29-2013, 05:04 PM
Ahhhh. The good ol icepicick headache

Yes I have had them. Usually after drinking an excessive amount while playing word game with some guy named Jesse who stays up really really late

Stop googling things. You will convince you have anything.

That being said, if you have had a physical recently and everything checked out, more likely than not, it's anxiety

If no physical, go get one to be sure.

That way you will know its anxiety and you will fit in with the rest of us misfits. : )

onebreathatatime
10-29-2013, 05:09 PM
I've had my eyes checked and they checked for swelling in my brain and there was none. Bp is good, what other things do I need to have checked? MRI or ct?

NixonRulz
10-29-2013, 05:13 PM
I'm not a doctor, I just pretend I am one on certain forums

If you usually feel the pain when you are feeling uptight or anxious, chances are, it's anxiety

But if you believe it may be more than that, by all means go see your doc and let them know your concerns

snicole
10-29-2013, 07:33 PM
This happened to me before and I, like you, was on google all night freaking myself out. I think it was ice pick headaches as well and I kept getting them on and off throughout the night. It was making my anxiety worse so I got no sleep. It was a quick pain in the same spot of my head, like a ting. It did go away but I understand why you were getting scared about it.

As hard as it is to stay away from google when something happens, it's the best thing you can do otherwise you'll keep finding things that you think are wrong with you and continue giving yourself more anxiety.

onebreathatatime
10-29-2013, 07:37 PM
I know I shouldn't google and normally I'm good at restraining but today it was a feeling out of nowhere so of course I'm thinking the worst case scenario :(

Have you experienced it more than once?

NixonRulz
10-29-2013, 09:26 PM
If 500 times is considered "experienced it before", then yes

Couple of year issue

3 years removed