PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety and meds

mike98t
10-29-2013, 04:06 PM
I started Celexa 3 days ago and my anxiety is worse!! All day long feelings of anxiety. Does anyone know if this is normal when starting this med?

tailspin
10-29-2013, 04:48 PM
Hi Mike. Sorry you are experiencing increased anxiety after starting Celexa. However, this is definitely not uncommon. And it doesn't have to mean that the drug isn't working. It could very well be just a start-up side effect which will go away after a week or so. Many people do have some side effects when they begin a new medication. And one of these side effects can be increased anxiety.

If possible, I would try and bear with it for another week or so, by which time, hopefully, you will start to see an improvement. If the anxiety is really bad, then, some people ask their doctor for an additional anti-anxiety medication to help them through the transition.

Really hope you start noticing a positive difference soon. Let us know how you are doing!

mike98t
10-29-2013, 06:51 PM
Thanks for the advice! I plan on sticking it out because I do think it will help. Trying to stay positive

jessed03
10-29-2013, 09:32 PM
I've been on Celexa short term 3 times in my life. Anymore times and I'll get its name tattoo'd on my arm. Each time made me feel bad for a few weeks too. Should get far easier soon :)