PDA

View Full Version : need some advice

canadaguy
10-29-2013, 01:04 PM
I have been off work for two and a half months with anxiety and mild depression.I am going back to work in a few days.I am taking celexa 30mg.I need some advice on how I can make it through the day when I return to work.I work in a department store and it is not the type of place where you can tell people your business.Any advice would be appreciated,thanks.

bcarp66
10-29-2013, 04:19 PM
If you can confide in your supervisor that usually can help. In case you have to go sit and relax for a while if you get very anxious. That way you don't get in trouble for disappearing. Try to realize that anxiety is a legit issue so don't be embarrassed about it and let people know if you can. That way if you get an attack the people that you are around will understand and also you won't have to be anxious about having an attack at work cause people will already know. Trying to hide my anxiety from people always make me even more anxious lol.

canadaguy
10-29-2013, 06:36 PM
If you can confide in your supervisor that usually can help. In case you have to go sit and relax for a while if you get very anxious. That way you don't get in trouble for disappearing. Try to realize that anxiety is a legit issue so don't be embarrassed about it and let people know if you can. That way if you get an attack the people that you are around will understand and also you won't have to be anxious about having an attack at work cause people will already know. Trying to hide my anxiety from people always make me even more anxious lol. it is a very gossipy store and telling somebody about my condition would be detrimental.Thank you for your advice.

bcarp66
10-29-2013, 06:44 PM
What are you worried about at work? Having an attack or something else?

canadaguy
10-29-2013, 06:54 PM
I am worried about an attack and being able to perform my job.Being away from work for so long and not seeing coworkers for awhile is a little overwhelming.Having the original attack there it is hard to face the place again.

bcarp66
10-29-2013, 07:09 PM
Did the doc give you ativan in case you get one at work?

bcarp66
10-29-2013, 07:10 PM
And always remember to that no one else knows we are having an attack usually. We just always think they do!

Alita
10-29-2013, 07:52 PM
Hi there,
Try CBT and other methods except drugs. Drugs made me worse. Therapy helped a whole lot. Good luck and hope that everything works out for you. Alita

bcarp66
10-29-2013, 07:57 PM
Yes CBT is helping me a lot also

canadaguy
10-30-2013, 12:35 AM
Hi there,
Try CBT and other methods except drugs. Drugs made me worse. Therapy helped a whole lot. Good luck and hope that everything works out for you. Alita thank you for your advice,much appreciated.

canadaguy
10-30-2013, 12:37 AM
Did the doc give you ativan in case you get one at work?

no he thought it would make less alert.