PDA

View Full Version : Appetite Trouble

chewie90
10-28-2013, 07:05 PM
Been awhile since I wrote on here. Here's an update, haven't had a panic attack for over a month now may get a jolt of it then I make it disappear but I still have to work on being in public with a lot of people. Here's the issue, I am still have trouble eating, some days I can eat a lot and then after I will barely eat anything and if I do I feel like I'm going to get sick. It just sucks really bad because even tho I am better I still am not. I want my life back. Is this happening to anyone?

trinidiva
10-28-2013, 07:16 PM
I'm going through this right now. It happens to me every time my anxiety kicks into high gear.......I try to force myself to eat and its very difficult.

chewie90
10-28-2013, 07:27 PM
I'm going through this right now. It happens to me every time my anxiety kicks into high gear.......I try to force myself to eat and its very difficult.

Same thing here but if I force myself I make myself feel sick because I know I didn't want it. My appetite was fine until I stopped celexa a month ago from only taking it two days! I hate it! I also have GERD so this doesn't make anything better and I'm on meds for that to help get me hungry but some days it doesn't help me. And on top of everything I'm underweight at that so that doesn't help the anxiety at all.

Cleverun
10-28-2013, 07:41 PM
Things I can usually stomach have become much less appealing to me lately. My family thinks I'm becoming anorexic. I try to eat, but on top of losing my appetite, it's become anxiety-inducing to stay at the dinner table.

chewie90
10-28-2013, 07:55 PM
Things I can usually stomach have become much less appealing to me lately. My family thinks I'm becoming anorexic. I try to eat, but on top of losing my appetite, it's become anxiety-inducing to stay at the dinner table.

I'm right there with u. My family are more on the thicker side so wen they see me they always say how skinny I am and it drives me crazy. I used to b more thicker but I was an athlete and once getting acid reflux my weight dropped but not drastically still healthy but once this stupid anxiety took over I look anorexic now. Trying to put weight on but it's taking quite some time. Anxiety is sneaky. I haven't had an attack but I still am affected by it in a social way and food way

bcarp66
10-29-2013, 04:32 PM
Try having protein shakes if you can't eat. It def has been working for me

trinidiva
10-29-2013, 05:04 PM

That's a great idea. I will have to start doing that. Whenever I get stressed, I can't seem to eat.

bcarp66
10-29-2013, 05:09 PM
Same here and going a long time without eating can trigger my attacks and just is no good anyway. The shakes are cheap and easy and pretty tasty too!

Chris C
10-29-2013, 05:16 PM
Yeah my therapist is always saying the first thing with treating anxiety is to make sure your diet is ok. Fluctuating blood sugar can make anxiety worse. She wants me to drink 3 protein shakes a day in addition or whatever I eat (I have a high metabolism). At the very least I drink the shakes even if I'm feeling nauseous.

bcarp66
10-29-2013, 05:21 PM
Ya I find I can tolerate the shakes even when I don't want to eat

bcarp66
10-29-2013, 05:22 PM
I find I can tolerate the shakes even when I don't feel like eating

chewie90
10-29-2013, 05:34 PM

Can't stomach protein shakes

bcarp66
10-29-2013, 05:45 PM
What about ensure or even carnation instant breakfast?