PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety back with a vengeance :/

solta
10-27-2013, 05:46 AM
So yeah, I've been feeling absolutely fantastic for the past two or three weeks and I've had basically no anxiety at all. But now for the past week or so I haven't been really able to sleep at all. Last night I had a whopping two hours of sleep again and I was thinking about taking a nap but the anxiety is just so bad right now and I'm clueless as to what I should do. I'm so close to going to the ER right now.

My anxiety seems quite different from what I usually read here. I'm not scared about dying or get panic attacks like that. For me its total hopelessness and its more like an attack of depression than anything else. I'm scared that I will have to do something to myself. Anyone else experience this? I need someone to talk to.

Kellie
10-27-2013, 06:09 AM
I totally get that!

Just a bump in the road, there is always be bad times. I find that distracting myself with pointless things and try to distract my mind.
I always think way to much and it is cruel. Watch a movie and you might go to sleep or read a book or music.
You aren't alone here!
Keep in mind that it won't last long and you will be just fine!
(: I'm not much help but I totally understand!

petrified
10-27-2013, 06:16 AM
Hi solta, I'm really sorry you are having such a hard time I always think anxiety and depression seem to hit harder once it's been gone for a little while. I think Kellie has given great advice about trying to distract your self. I love reading so I use that for distraction but my favourite music and old favourite films help too. Please remember your anxiety and depression has went away before this bad spell will too. Try and focus on all the good days you have had recently, you will get back to that, this is only temporary. Also remember you aren't alone we are all here for you :-)

solta
10-27-2013, 03:01 PM
I totally get that!

Just a bump in the road, there is always be bad times. I find that distracting myself with pointless things and try to distract my mind.
I always think way to much and it is cruel. Watch a movie and you might go to sleep or read a book or music.
You aren't alone here!
Keep in mind that it won't last long and you will be just fine!
(: I'm not much help but I totally understand!

Yeah, that's what I aim for. There have been bad times before and they've all gone away. Its just I'm not used to this since I had such a long period of just feeling normal so this is kinda hard to cope with at times. I do know that its going to be well again :) Books or music doesn't really help me that much. I'm glad my apartment was a mess so I could clean it and that got rid of the worst bit of anxiety.

solta
10-27-2013, 03:04 PM
Hi solta, I'm really sorry you are having such a hard time I always think anxiety and depression seem to hit harder once it's been gone for a little while. I think Kellie has given great advice about trying to distract your self. I love reading so I use that for distraction but my favourite music and old favourite films help too. Please remember your anxiety and depression has went away before this bad spell will too. Try and focus on all the good days you have had recently, you will get back to that, this is only temporary. Also remember you aren't alone we are all here for you :-)

Thanks :) I'm not depressed at all in my opinion. Its just my panic attack is more like a depression attack which feels kinda weird. I'll just get used to this and do all the things that made me feel better before and this will pass. I do feel like my anxiety comes once a month. A week of feeling awful and then three weeks of normal / mostly normal. I can live with that. Finally seeing a professional about this helped me too since now I know there's always help available and I can talk to someone face to face.