PDA

View Full Version : All day in bes or on the couch

Chris C
10-26-2013, 07:38 PM
I've spent every day the past week either laying in bed or on the couch. I wake up with terrible anxiety and immediately take a klonopin and lay back down. I spend all day trying to relax or hoping to fall asleep. Night times aren't too bad but the next morning it starts all over. Anyone else have this problem?

jessed03
10-26-2013, 07:44 PM
Not now, but I did for 6months when it all started :( It was hell, I wanted to sleep and never wake up.

Hang in there buddy. Are you on any med besides klon?

Chris C
10-26-2013, 07:53 PM
I'm on Prozac as well just 10mg. I've had anxiety for the past 22 years and have had ups and downs and been on various meds. I was doing pretty well for the past few years but within the past few months it's come back as bad as ever. I've been considering checking myself in somewhere.

Perses
10-26-2013, 07:57 PM
Do you know what might be causing your anxiety?

Chris C
10-26-2013, 08:03 PM
No. Nothing has really changed in the past few months. Work isn't that stressful. Home life is good. I started seeing a therapist which seems to help cause she's suffered from anxiety herself. I don't seem to be having any different thoughts other than the fear of anxiety itself.

Perses
10-27-2013, 06:38 AM
Well, I'm on clonazepam as well. That's a good drug for targeting anxiety. I take it twice daily.

I'm glad you are seeing a therapist. I guess, then, my next question is whether or not there's something that you want to do -- or change -- in your life. Some future plan that you've been mulling over that has raised your level of angst. This should pass. I guess I would discourage you from using clonazepam as a morning sleep aid... not clear if you take the drug regularly. You know, I love the idea that you are seeing a therapist that also suffers from anxiety. That's a great idea. Let us know if she has any tips for how she deals with anxiety as someone who also counsels people with anxiety.

DarkSoul
10-27-2013, 06:45 AM
I've spent every day the past week either laying in bed or on the couch. I wake up with terrible anxiety and immediately take a klonopin and lay back down. I spend all day trying to relax or hoping to fall asleep. Night times aren't too bad but the next morning it starts all over. Anyone else have this problem?

Yes. On days off when I am really depressed, it's a major struggle for me to get out of the house. I laze around in sleepwear and don't even shower and shave for days at a time. This is what depression does to a person.

Cleverun
10-28-2013, 07:57 PM
I have. I've spent all weekend in bed (it was a three day weekend) and had to go home from school early. I woke up this morning with that at-the-edge-of-the-cliff feeling, like if you make the wrong move your worst fear will be realized. I tried to stay home, but my sister said she would make my day hell if I did.