PDA

View Full Version : Need advice

Anxiousraven
10-26-2013, 06:11 AM
This isn't strictly an anxiety question but since I feel comfortable speaking to people on here I'm going to ask anyway.

My and boyfriend are currently having space (his choice) and I have been invited to a Halloween party and I know that he is going. I really want to go because all of my friends are going and I have no intention of running up to him to talk. There will be lots of people there that the chances are we won't run into each other!

Do you think I should go I really want to but I feel pretty anxious about things. Do you think he'd be mad at me or seem that as me spoiling his night? I don't see why I should have to stay away when he can do what he likes

NixonRulz
10-26-2013, 07:48 AM
This isn't strictly an anxiety question but since I feel comfortable speaking to people on here I'm going to ask anyway.

My and boyfriend are currently having space (his choice) and I have been invited to a Halloween party and I know that he is going. I really want to go because all of my friends are going and I have no intention of running up to him to talk. There will be lots of people there that the chances are we won't run into each other!

Do you think I should go I really want to but I feel pretty anxious about things. Do you think he'd be mad at me or seem that as me spoiling his night? I don't see why I should have to stay away when he can do what he likes

Your last sentence is your answer.

His choice for a break. Why should you have to tippy toe around him.

He made a decision now he has to deal with the fact that you are going to be in the same places sometimes.

And you will run into him if you go. You know you will.

I hope you have a stud by your side when you do.

Then I'll bet he decides the break isn't really working out.

Go!

raggamuffin
10-26-2013, 07:56 AM
The fact he is there shouldn't mean you can't go there yourself. If it's his choice to have a break then he has not right to be upset if you attend the party. Not sure if making him jealous would be a wise move in my opinion. Dramas are never good especially at parties.

Don't fret about it or panic. Just go and enjoy yourself.

Ed

mikecole114
10-26-2013, 07:57 AM
Your last sentence is your answer. His choice for a break. Why should you have to tippy toe around him. He made a decision now he has to deal with the fact that you are going to be in the same places sometimes. And you will run into him if you go. You know you will. I hope you have a stud by your side when you do. Then I'll bet he decides the break isn't really working out. Go!

I agree. Don't let him ruin ur fun just go and try (easier said then done) not to be phased by him and show him what he's missing.

Anxiousraven
10-26-2013, 08:41 AM
Your last sentence is your answer. His choice for a break. Why should you have to tippy toe around him. He made a decision now he has to deal with the fact that you are going to be in the same places sometimes. And you will run into him if you go. You know you will. I hope you have a stud by your side when you do. Then I'll bet he decides the break isn't really working out. Go!

Thanks. I feel like if I don't go out I am cowering away and I don't want to do that because things will only get worse. He won't speak to me and thats fine. Part of me hopes that he'll see me and want to talk but I'm not going for that reason.

NeverToo...Fear
10-26-2013, 09:13 AM
I think you should go because you really want to go. Don't worry too much about running into him and that he'll be upset. Sure, running into him might be a bit awkward, but there was no contract that said once he needed space that there are places you can't go now just to avoid that situation. Go if you want. And hopefully have fun with your friends at the party ! :)

Anxiousraven
10-26-2013, 09:18 AM
Thanks everyone. I'm going to go and just have fun with my friends and try not to be concerned with him. If he gets upset about me being out I'll just tell him that he doesn't make the rules and I'm not locking myself up