PDA

View Full Version : anxiety and managing time

Alita
10-25-2013, 07:20 PM
Hi there,
Do u ever feel like there is too much to get done and so little time?
I do.
I am trying to manage my time better, and I think that it be the answer.
I tried medication, but left me feeling like a zombie.
Great luck to all of us.
Whatever works, works.
Keep trying and NEVER GIVE UP!
God Bless us all, AMEN!

Ponder
11-10-2013, 06:27 PM
Great Question:

It's made me think of another I shall post on later, however with regards to time, I do feel like my anxiety impacts on it; yes. For me it's an anxiety that leads to depression all in one. Too Much is how I typically think and not enough time to do it in. The clothes pile builds, the dished stack up, the rubbish builds and so on. Th is exactly how the panic sets into despair for me. Having a computer to run too is not exactly helping either. I leave things to the last minute, then throw on some headphones and clean like a lunatic relaying on muscle memory, dashing about trying to get in all done so I can run back to doing nothing again.

Well, that's how my ruts can work at least ... routine is crucial although really hard for me to get into of late. Personally, I do feel my depression and procrastination plays more into keeping me down with not getting things done, but with regard to allocating time slots ... my anxiety does indeed make that very hard. Thinking on all the people that will be around at whatever appointment, when making an appointment what else have I got on as I can't remember too good, am I going to double book and so on. Escape routes comes to mind as well. Just so much to think about when allocating time, that I have basically given up on the whole concept.

I'm unable to hold a job, so no worry about that day it is there ... perhaps what day does the bin go out, may come to mind, however more so the question of what day is it?????? I finally got myself a watch for the first time in like 5 years ... I wanted an alarm for my meds and also appointments to see my therapists ... those time are important for me. You know, there's just too much going on for me to take in anymore ... my mind has simply packed it in - TIME, to much of it about with so much expectation placed on it, that it runs the world whilst others try to control it.

I'm learning a little bit by little bit. Seems to be working real good too. I have a few months left till we move and seem to be getting quite a bit down whilst only doing bits here and there. Doing so going is actually going to save me a lot of angst for sure.
Best I can say for it about now.

Thanks for your gesture, you take care as well. :)