PDA

View Full Version : Immediate anxiety relief?

Anxiousraven
10-25-2013, 07:26 AM
Does anyone know if there is a pill you can take when you start to feel anxious I don't want to go back on everyday meds :(

petrified
10-25-2013, 07:29 AM
Have you tried rescue remedy drops they can be helpful, they are quite expensive but do work :-)

Anxiousraven
10-25-2013, 08:23 AM
Have you tried rescue remedy drops they can be helpful, they are quite expensive but do work :-)

I don't have some might give it a go. If not it's a co codamol I don't advocate taking pain killers but sometimes if I am real bad I take one and it calms me!

faultandfracture
10-25-2013, 03:18 PM
********************************NOT A DOCTOR************************************

There is quite a long list of anxiolytic medications for just that. Sedatives, hypnotics and analgesics can have a calming effect, but you want to focus on the anxiety portion. Also, you don't want to self-medicate. I have no experience with natural or holistic extracts like "Rescue Remedy" and so I can't say for certain whether they work. Alprazolam (Xanax) is a anxiolytic benzodiazepine drug that does just that. It has a very short half-life and helps with panic and anxiety.

petrified
10-25-2013, 03:42 PM
I've tried the drops and chewy sweets they do help a little