PDA

View Full Version : Freaking Out!

Lisa1
10-24-2013, 06:28 PM
Hi Everyone,

This afternoon I was leaving the hospital with my son after he had to spend the night due to a bad asthma attack and was confronted by a lady accusing me of being a bad person about something. I am truly a good person and I felt so guilty that I ended up helping her while breaking down in tears in front of my son. She proceeded to shake my hand afterwards and I told my son that helping her was just something I had to do. Now I'm freaking out because she was HIV positive and I shook her hand and i have a healing cut and I'm worried that I'm going to get HIV and I am panicking in front of my son. I've washed my hands a lot of times since I got home and won't use a hand towel that my kids use. I'm so freaked out that I can't eat, I'm shaking and have diarrhea because I'm wondering if I just made the mistake of my life and if I'm going to die now because I did this. I let my emotions make my decision and now I'm upset that I am going to have this disease and I'm so upset that my son is extremely upset with what happened. I'm so scared for my life and my kids. Please someone help me, I'm shaking as I write this. I am afraid for my life.

trinidiva
10-25-2013, 05:37 AM
You are fine!!!!!!! It is extremely difficult or impossible to get HIV that way. Go to the CDC website and look it up. Transmission is typically sexual contact, intravenous drug use, getting a transfusion with infected blood, which due to extensive testing, is virtually impossible to do, or a mother passing it to her child. Trust me, you are fine.

Steph88
10-25-2013, 07:16 AM
I'm sure you're fine but if you really can't stop worrying about it then get tested