PDA

View Full Version : Putting this out this on....

lifeless
12-29-2007, 03:16 PM
Hi

I just wanted to put this out there, but does anyone else have constant awareness of there heart beat? Which exelerates during minimal physical movement such as showering, walking downstairs, or any other everyday activity. Despite the fact that i have had my heart checked and have been diagnosed with anxiety, i am struggling to understand why my heart pounds all the time and majorly increases rate during miminal everyday tasks.

Any help on this would be great, thanks...

RabidBadger
12-29-2007, 06:02 PM
Hi Lifeless

I used to have this but I can tell you now that it is a self-feeding habit.

Stop thinking about your heart because it copes perfectly well on its own.

I first started having these fears in 1999 and my heart has beat nearly 3000000 times since then and I haven't died.

Best wishes

Chris

kevin
12-30-2007, 12:28 AM
im like this with breathing too

i think the scary part is that you have no control over your heart beating or your natural breathing so you wonder how its happening...but its a function of your brain

lifeless
12-31-2007, 01:36 PM
Great thanks for the replies, it all really helps - i have been checked a number of times regarding my heart - E.C.G and everything has come back fine, but at times my heart has felt as if its being squeezed, and i feel like i have to make my lungs breathe rather then just breathing automaticly -l so worrying - is this a normal symptom of anxiety?

cntl
12-31-2007, 05:57 PM
>>is this a normal symptom of anxiety?

Yes it is (at least it was for me). On the positive side, I have been free from chronic anxiety (and, frankly, anxiety in general) for the last 10 years. So it does go away (and I had one of the most severe forms of anxiety you could imagine, including forced hospitalization in a supervised ward in a psychiatric hospital at the age of eighteen). Since then, I not only managed to get rid of my anxiety, but I also completed a degree in psychology and neuroscience.

Happy New Year to Everyone!