PDA

View Full Version : Brand of citalopram not working

doodlebug
10-23-2013, 03:01 PM
Help I started 10mg Teva Citalopram for a month and I felt amazing,after that pack I started the same pill but brand was Accord and now I've took it 4 days I feel back to square one like how I felt before anything! I feel a mess again! My Dr said it can't be possible has anyone experienced this??? Am I going mad?!

tailspin
10-23-2013, 03:35 PM
Hi dooglebug, Welcome! I have definitely heard of people who experience changes when they switch brands of the same anti-depressant. This is quite common, I believe, when you switch from the name brand to the generic version of a drug. Doctors and psychiatrists generally tell you that there is no difference, but many people who actually take these medications DO experience a difference! When you think just how sensitive we are, then it makes total sense that we could react to even the most minute changes in a drug's make up.

Is there a chance you can request the Teva brand again?

doodlebug
10-23-2013, 03:56 PM
Thanks I don't feel so silly now, I'm sure they aren't working! I'm in a different country to where I got them now so I'm going to have to hunt them down....

alankay
10-23-2013, 07:44 PM
This can happen. I feel Watson brand diazepam helps me more then Teva but that's just me. My pharmacist said "it can happen" and we tried Watson so that's what we use. He said he says he has seen this with other meds on occasion. Try another brand generic. I bet the med is OK just human variation. Alankay.

dr_bogenbroom
10-24-2013, 01:31 AM
I believe this may have happened to me when I was taking Mirtazapine - I changed brands and that day I gradually got a lot worse, and as a result changed to Fluoxetine. It's been one hell of a time changing but I'm very slowly getting better. So I do agree that different brands can make a difference (which is pretty scary!).

doodlebug
10-24-2013, 06:06 AM
Why is it Drs are so adamant it can't not work! I cat find Teva in Spain so I'm having to try another brand! Feeling rock bottom again!!!