PDA

View Full Version : is this anxiety or heart problem?

ImChad
10-22-2013, 02:15 PM
I've been trying to calculate my recovery heart rate after a workout lately. Sometimes when I work out I feel great and other times when I try to work out I feel my heart racing faster than it should and it almost feels like I'm on the verge of an anxiety attack. Like just an hour ago, I did maybe 70 push ups and about 100 situps.. Not even intense at all. I'm sure my heart rate right when I stopped was probably 130 or so. My whole body just felt nervous as hell. I took my pulse standing up about 2 minutes after the workout and it was 106, then I continued to check it repeatedly for like 10 mins and it was like 95 while standing up and it wasn't dropping back down to normal. Is this bcuz my heart isn't healthy or is this just my anxiety keeping it elevated? Really stresses me out. I take fish oil everyday and my resting heart rate is actually low.. Around 50. This is just stressing me out.

rabbritt
10-22-2013, 02:34 PM
I would suggest (since I'm obviously not a cardiologist) you seek a doctor Only to check to make sure everything is okay. If you haven't already.
But I suffer from cardiac anxiety, but I also like to work out to stay in shape. I know that I need to slowly start warming up (treadmill) before I do anything else.
It slowly elevate my heart rate, then when I'm finish, slowly bring it down. Otherwise I'm in the same boat as you.
I know on my part if I keep checking my heart rate it will rise, because I'm causing my own anxiety by doing so.
Hope this helps.

NeverToo...Fear
10-22-2013, 03:01 PM
When I was having heart attack fears, I stopped exercising--which sucked because I love to exercise and it had always made me feel better-- it's only been about a week or so that I've started exercising again, but I'm exposing myself to it slowly, telling my brain that a pumping, racing heart is okay...one thing I've stopped doing is monitoring my heart, because if I look at the numbers and they don't match what I think it's suppose to be, I'll start spiraling.....it's just really bad when your heart is pumping like mad, you can feel every beat, and my recent habit has been to listen to my heart, and when I'm exercising, I can feel every thump, like I'm just waiting for it to not beat right...and because of anxiety and in thinking that, my heart would actually beat faster.

NixonRulz
10-22-2013, 04:45 PM
When I was having heart attack fears, I stopped exercising--which sucked because I love to exercise and it had always made me feel better-- it's only been about a week or so that I've started exercising again, but I'm exposing myself to it slowly, telling my brain that a pumping, racing heart is okay...one thing I've stopped doing is monitoring my heart, because if I look at the numbers and they don't match what I think it's suppose to be, I'll start spiraling.....it's just really bad when your heart is pumping like mad, you can feel every beat, and my recent habit has been to listen to my heart, and when I'm exercising, I can feel every thump, like I'm just waiting for it to not beat right...and because of anxiety and in thinking that, my heart would actually beat faster.

That was me for years. Waiting and waiting for "it" to happen

So glad that mess is over.

F-off, anxiety