PDA

View Full Version : Overwhelmed?

J19o94y
10-22-2013, 01:25 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm feeling really down like on the edge of crying all the time as I've been having very un comforting thoughts. Most of the time the thoughts are about my brother Joe he has severe autism and lives in a care home that specializes in his needs, but the way I see it is its so easy to get care work so anyone could get a job there and I've heard cases of disabled people being treated very poorly and abused. I get very disturbing thoughts of him being abused and It just comes out of nowhere and god I hate it and I find when I see him I'm always emotional when he goes and cant shift the sadness and the thoughts are more persistent. I'm finding it hard to type this without crying as I know nobody can do anything for me I don't know what I want out of this. I've struggled with meds and counselling didn't do much for me.

NixonRulz
10-22-2013, 04:56 PM
I am no expert, a;though I sometimes try to pretend I am on this here forum

As I am told, people with autism are some of the most happy people there are.

I don't know for sure, but that is what I have heard.

So the situation Joe is in is really not the issue I would guess.

You feel bad because of your feeling of what may or nay not be happening.

Where the mind goes, energy flows, and the results are soon to show.

Look at all the positives about him and make the assumption that he is being treated just swell

You don't know that he has been treated poorly so don't drive yourself nuts thinking of what might be.

Everything "might be" just fine!

J19o94y
10-23-2013, 06:37 AM
Hi NixonRulz,

Thankyou for taking your time to give me advice, I look back on what I wrote and think wow I was being silly again but I really was in a state and I've always had it but last night was too much for me.