PDA

View Full Version : Wow

Blessed
10-21-2013, 08:21 PM
So to top off my Monday I had a wreck someone rear ended me at the red light . Had to go to ER have severe whiplash. My chest was hurting so they did EKG. Mind you I had one done week ago it was fine. So this one showed an abnormality which freaked me out!!!! He said it could be the way I was made and I shouldn't worry about it tonight . Really??? Does he know how anxious I am about my heart? Am I ok? What kind of abnormality? Really????

RunnerChick
10-21-2013, 08:39 PM
Oh no!!! I hope you are ok, Blessed! I am so sorry your Monday was so terrible. And I'm sorry to hear that your doctor said that to you about your "abnormality." Doctors should know better than to talk like that! Is it possible for you to get a second opinion or to ask the doctor to explain exactly what he is talking about? I don't trust doctors. I fell about 7 feet and landed on my upper back/left rib cage last winter and the doctor insisted my ribs weren't broken even though I couldn't MOVE let alone breathe or walk. But I am sure that you are ok, if it was something really serious I think the doc would have kept you at the ER. My little brother was born with a hole in his heart and now he is fine, 17 years old and playing competitive footy and getting ready to go to uni. The human body is remarkable and very resilient despite what we make ourselves believe. I hope you feel better soon!!! Take care of yourself and allow your injuries to heal properly.

Blessed
10-23-2013, 07:20 AM
I'm very thankful that me and my daughter are ok! God was definitely watching over us!!

HealthAnxNut
10-23-2013, 12:21 PM
I'm glad to read that you guys are ok! So sorry that happened to you. Yesterday, I saw a guy on a motorcycle get hit by a car right in front of me, and it freaked me out just seeing it. I'm sure you were majorly freaked! It is pretty awful that they didn't tell you what KIND of abnormality. I know you don't want to hear it, but at the same time, it's easier than being vague.... that's the worst thing for us, because we assume the worst! That being said, they said the same thing about my son, but it ended up being a benign murmur, which they said would never cause him a problem. Perhaps that is what they saw. Definitely get an appointment to get checked out, so you can breathe a sigh of relief!