PDA

View Full Version : Newbie :)

sammy2909
10-21-2013, 09:44 AM
Hi! I am new 28 year old from the uk. I have been suffering with anxiety and slight depression since having my second baby. She is 7 months now. Going back to work next week which I think hasn't helped! I just keep thinking of so many things happening to her crazy I know!
Or me dying is a big thing at the moment. Every twinge is a heart attack or stroke. Every single thing I google. Feel like I am going crazy. On citalopram now let's hope it works!

Lollsy
10-21-2013, 10:24 AM
Hi! I am new 28 year old from the uk. I have been suffering with anxiety and slight depression since having my second baby. She is 7 months now. Going back to work next week which I think hasn't helped! I just keep thinking of so many things happening to her crazy I know!
Or me dying is a big thing at the moment. Every twinge is a heart attack or stroke. Every single thing I google. Feel like I am going crazy. On citalopram now let's hope it works!

I'm also on citalopram. Takes a while but you will eventually notice a difference. I came off it for a bit but back on now. Give it time and never put yourself down. Its really hard and you will have your bad days but your doing well. Keep smiling xx

sammy2909
10-21-2013, 11:04 AM
Thank u :) how Long did it take for you? I do feel better but just not great. Xx

Lollsy
10-21-2013, 12:31 PM
Thank u :) how Long did it take for you? I do feel better but just not great. Xx

A good 6 weeks to settle and feel the effects. I'm on a low dose of 10mg. There is barely not s min in the day when I'm feeling anxious or thinking about things I have to do and how to make it easier. Do find being alone dont help. I'm back to work tomorrow after ten days off and im dreading it.

sammy2909
10-21-2013, 12:37 PM
I am on 20mg i have felt a difference just not a huge difference. Bless you I bet work is making you feel even worse! Hopefully it will get better. May they increase your dose? X

Lollsy
10-21-2013, 02:27 PM
I am on 20mg i have felt a difference just not a huge difference. Bless you I bet work is making you feel even worse! Hopefully it will get better. May they increase your dose? X

Could do I feel OK with the dose I'm on At the moment. I'll be fine once I get back to work its just im questioning what I want from life at the moment. And my job is something I question daily. It dosent challenge me at all any more and feel I an letting myself down staying there but with anxiety as we all know its hard to get a clear mind to know what to do for the best. X

sammy2909
10-21-2013, 02:39 PM
I feel the same about work. It's too easy. I think that's making me worse. Going back after 10 months maternity on Monday and the thought of it fills me with dread. I think dealing with a new job when you like u do maybe too stressful x

Lollsy
10-21-2013, 04:11 PM
I feel the same about work. It's too easy. I think that's making me worse. Going back after 10 months maternity on Monday and the thought of it fills me with dread. I think dealing with a new job when you like u do maybe too stressful x

Yes I do agree with that. I def think I need to better myself before I take that step but I think people with anxiety should fill there day with things they like doing more often. I think it def helps. Going back to work Is scary after a week let alone ten months so your allowed to be nervous and worry how the new routine will work out. Just take it all as it comes and just look forward to going home after and seeing your beautiful Kids. :-)xx

sammy2909
10-22-2013, 08:39 AM
It will be huge change going back! Dreading it. But I am sure I will be fine. Going to leave it till after Xmas and I may look for somewhere else :) when I hopefully feel better. How long you on your tablets for? My doctor thinks 6 months x

Ritch
10-22-2013, 08:42 AM
Always good to have another UK Member :)

When you get the twinges stay away from google :)

sammy2909
10-22-2013, 09:02 AM
Google is terrible! So hard to resist sometimes :)

Lollsy
10-23-2013, 04:03 PM
It will be huge change going back! Dreading it. But I am sure I will be fine. Going to leave it till after Xmas and I may look for somewhere else :) when I hopefully feel better. How long you on your tablets for? My doctor thinks 6 months x

Been on since may. This is the second time I been on them. I forgot to take them which probably doesn't help.