PDA

View Full Version : Smoking & Anxiety

anxmeg
10-20-2013, 01:13 PM
So as I've mentioned I have GAD and am always worried about my heart. It makes NO sense then that I smoke. Seems I would be much smarter. After going out drinking fri night I then didn't smoke all day yesterday. Now today is Sunday and I still don't really feel like one so I've decided not to. I feel less anxious and like I can breath better already. Is this possible or all in my head?? I really hope I can quit though bc I feel like it really would lessen my anxiety.

Cuchculan
10-20-2013, 01:59 PM
You are doing so good without them. They can make anxiety worse at times. Good lot of us may worry about our health and still carry on smoking. The ways it goes really. I think if you were a regular smoker and didn't have one for two days you may feel good about yourself. The fact that you have not had the urge to even have one. As you are taken no smoke into your lungs chances are you may feel that much better. That's all smoking really is. Smoke into the lungs. To give the lungs a break may help you to breathe more easily. But you will certainly have that feel good factor about you as well. Let us see how long you can manage without smoking. Hope you can keep going. It will only do you good come the end of the day. Plus you will save money too. Whatever money you save you should put away and then buy yourself something nice. As a self reward for not smoking.

Sloaine
10-21-2013, 04:09 AM
Hi Anxmeg,
Stick with your goals and save money you would spend on cigarettes to plan a treat tomorrow. Avoid going to places where you might found smokers and ask your friends and family to support your decision. Engage in some physical activity on regular basis to lead healthy and active lifestyle.

blondieqtpie
10-21-2013, 05:57 AM
I quit smoking over a decade ago. It may feel relaxing to smoke big really the chemicals in cigs can make it worse. Maybe try smoking legal and natural herbs like chamomile, passionflower..and catnip. All are Natural sedatives, legal and free of chemicals if you want to smoke