PDA

View Full Version : So sad today

trinidiva
10-20-2013, 01:09 PM
I think a wave of depression has hit me. I can't snap out if it and I don't know what to do.I just feel so down in the dumps and feel like I can't keep my eyes open. I've been sleeping so much tge past few nights. I know my anxiety has been through the roof for this entire past week and today is the first day in a week I've had some relief and my period started. Could this all be due to hormones? I don't usually have issues with depression. .but I'm really down in the dumps today.

tailspin
10-20-2013, 01:20 PM
Hi trini, So sorry you're feeling depressed. I have depression too and mine has also been bad again lately. It's really debilitating. Hormones definitely effect me very strongly. I'm older now so my hormones are all over the place and it's really wreaking havoc!! When I was still having regular periods that would really effect me too. So I'm sure your depressed mood is being effected by your cycle also.

Sorry I'm not being much help! The one positive thing I can say though is that the bad feelings do lift. When you're feeling really down like this probably the best thing is just to be very gentle with yourself and take it easy. But do keep in mind that you will feel better again. It always helps me to try and remember that when I'm in the throes of depression. It doesn't last forever!

Really hope you feel better soon xxxxx

petrified
10-20-2013, 01:54 PM
I think a wave of depression has hit me. I can't snap out if it and I don't know what to do.I just feel so down in the dumps and feel like I can't keep my eyes open. I've been sleeping so much tge past few nights. I know my anxiety has been through the roof for this entire past week and today is the first day in a week I've had some relief and my period started. Could this all be due to hormones? I don't usually have issues with depression. .but I'm really down in the dumps today.

Hi trini, sorry your feeling this way :-(
I've always gotten down about a week before my period is due, I get sleepy, cry over anything and sometimes snappy. I always find it eases about two days after I start my period. It could just be extra hormones this month. I hope your feeling better soon

trinidiva
10-20-2013, 03:54 PM
Thanks guys. I had to just let myself have a good cry, then I got up, fixed lunch...fed the family and then did some housework. I still feel down but not AS bad as I was earlier. I think its definitely hormones...and my cycle kicking in. I can't stand feeling like this......guys sometimes don't know how good they have it sometimes.

Thanks so much guys....you really don't know how much I appreciate you.

tailspin
10-20-2013, 03:59 PM
Thanks guys. I had to just let myself have a good cry, then I got up, fixed lunch...fed the family and then did some housework. I still feel down but not AS bad as I was earlier. I think its definitely hormones...and my cycle kicking in. I can't stand feeling like this......guys sometimes don't know how good they have it sometimes.

Thanks so much guys....you really don't know how much I appreciate you.

Really glad you're feeling a bit better, trini! A good cry can definitely help! Yes, I agree with you that guys have it good!!!!