PDA

View Full Version : Heart pounding.

samanthajayne24
10-19-2013, 01:13 PM
Hi. Does anybody suffer with the following. I'm sitting calm at the moment and my heart feels like its pounding and my body feels like is shaking inside. My heart doesn't feel like it's racing but it thudding really hard.

aharris2456
10-19-2013, 01:18 PM
I get that all the time, I just try to do some relax breathing.

Cuchculan
10-19-2013, 01:23 PM
Time to try and take your focus off of yourself and put it onto something else. A form of distraction. Be good if you had anything at all you could do. Because once we notice something like this come on, we tend to focus on it a lot more. Inward thinking. Thus making it worse. It is a bit like we are feeding it. So try and breathe in the nose, hold for a few seconds, and out through the mouth. Just going to try and calm yourself down. I am sure you have had this before. I am also sure it would have passed before too. Gone away. So we know it can go away. Just stick with the breathing. In through the nose, hold, and out through the mouth. Take in your surroundings. Can you see anything else at all around you that you can do? Just something to keep your mind busy. The heart can speed up at times. It can pound. If we are sitting down, and suddenly get up, it can increase the pace of the heart a bit. If we become aware of this, we do focus more on it. But it will soon pass. Just like it has done in the past.

samanthajayne24
10-19-2013, 01:32 PM
Thanks. Xxxxx

Blessed
10-19-2013, 02:41 PM
Thanks for tips