PDA

View Full Version : Anxious about exerting myself

tabs
10-19-2013, 08:58 AM
Hi!

This is so stupid - I get stressed at doing physical exercise of all sorts. I canīt go into a sports club anymore because I start to excessively worry about fainting in public which is fed by my prolonged anxiety symptoms like dizziness, pressure in head and so forth. Today I went to sports club and I felt so damn weird - I was completely petrified, unable to move around club or doing anything and additionally I felt unreal, dizzy and brain fog. I canīt walk into that club without feeling anxious anymore. Also I get nervous about standing up too quickly or anything that would put my body at stress because I donīt want to feel effects of BP sudden changes. So I am forced to sit at home mainly doing things that do not require physical effort. THIS IS SO STUPID! Who have had/has the same issues? How would I overcome this stupid problem?

samanthajayne24
10-19-2013, 01:10 PM
Hi. I have the same problem. I'm frightened to go to the gym invade my heart rate increases to much and I have a heart attack. Such a horrible feeling. I even worry if I walk to fast and feel my heart rate changing. Xxx

Sentinelle
10-19-2013, 02:07 PM
Hey there you are not alone. I have been trying to deal with this problem for over a year now. Whenever I exert myself I get very bad headaches and neck stiffness which is followed by nausea and fatigue and eventually a panicked attack. I still am afraid to do a workout or sports due to the fear of fainting or heart attack. What I can suggest is a 10 minute walk everyday maybe treadmill or outside and if you feel good try increasing the time. I try to do half an hour everyday but I still get panick attacks from time to time. The more you spend doing nothing the more difficult it becomes to start. Take care hope you feel better