PDA

View Full Version : Just need to get it off my chest

prettygreeneyes
10-19-2013, 04:24 AM
I never really thought about using these forums as help to how I feel....guess I always thought I could just cope! It all started going down hill when my dad had a stroke in 2005, he survived but I hated watching him suffer....he was so active before it happened, he was different afterwards, i had to learn to be around a 'new' dad, then the unthinkable happened in 2011 he died whilst away on holiday at the seaside....I wasn't there it was awful, my daughter still cries most days over him, I just wish he was still here, I think about him all the time. I feel like I've helped everyone else get over it and now they're ok I'm stuck! I think if it wasn't for my kids and partner sticking by me I'd of totally lost the will to leave the house, I'm going to doctors on Tuesday but I'm scared to do that! I just need sorting out! I feel like I've failed

alankay
10-19-2013, 08:37 AM
You are having a tough time indeed. I lost my Dad a few years ago and you must allow yourself to grieve. In time you will get better and going to the doc is the right thing to do. Alankay

prettygreeneyes
10-19-2013, 11:52 AM
Thank you for replying.....fingers crossed things can start getting better from Tuesday :)

tailspin
10-19-2013, 12:33 PM
Hi prettygreeneyes, Welcome to the site. I'm so very sorry for the loss of your Dad. I lost my Dad back in 2008. It still hurts today. I don't think anything can prepare us for the loss of a beloved parent. It's very, very hard. I'm really glad to hear that you are going to talk to your doctor next week. I hope he can refer you for some grief counseling. I have found that to be helpful. I really hope you do too. Let us know how you are doing!

prettygreeneyes
10-19-2013, 12:42 PM
Thank you.....i never thought my dad would go anywhere and I don't think it gets better....I've been pretty lucky in having a partner who has encouraged me to finally open up and get help. He actually recommended an online forum (I'm not very good at telling people how I feel!)

It's lovely there's people here who listen but don't judge.....I really appreciate the comments I will let you know how I go on on Tuesday.

:)

prettygreeneyes
10-22-2013, 04:06 AM
Hey guys just to let you know I've been to doctors.....it took courage to admit I needed help today, she was lovely and didn't make me feel like I was worrying over nothing. She gave me anti depressant and is referring me to a counsellor. She has booked me back in for 2 weeks time to make sure I'm getting on ok. It's not a miracle cure but it is a start :)

tailspin
10-22-2013, 12:01 PM
Hey guys just to let you know I've been to doctors.....it took courage to admit I needed help today, she was lovely and didn't make me feel like I was worrying over nothing. She gave me anti depressant and is referring me to a counsellor. She has booked me back in for 2 weeks time to make sure I'm getting on ok. It's not a miracle cure but it is a start :)

That is wonderful news, prettygreeneyes! Well done for taking that step! So glad your doctor was nice and that you've been referred for counseling and got a prescription for some anti-depressants. Good for you!! Please be sure to let us know how you are doing!

prettygreeneyes
10-22-2013, 12:27 PM
Thank for your support it means a lot! Love this forum it's a great help!!