PDA

View Full Version : Generic Lexapro (or why I need to stop looking on the net and freaking myself out)

Cryfreedom66
10-18-2013, 05:48 PM
I just started my first 5mg dose of "Lexapro" today (CVS Generic). Was feeling pretty good about starting, alittle dizzy and nauseous but not too bad.

and then I decided to start reading up on generic lexapro.

Reading a lot of horror stories of generic being so much worst than brand...what the heck it is supposed to be the exact same formula and generic is like 30$ for a month vs 150$ (without insurance)

Anyone have any experience w generic lexapro? Am I freaking myself out for no reason?

Cryfreedom66
10-18-2013, 08:41 PM
I just started my first 5mg dose of "Lexapro" today (CVS Generic). Was feeling pretty good about starting, alittle dizzy and nauseous but not too bad.

and then I decided to start reading up on generic lexapro.

Reading a lot of horror stories of generic being so much worst than brand...what the heck it is supposed to be the exact same formula and generic is like 30$ for a month vs 150$ (without insurance)

Anyone have any experience w generic lexapro? Am I freaking myself out for no reason?

anyone? I cant find anything good online about generic Escitalopram and am not sure if I should keep taking it or just chalk this bottle up to a loss and pay the (much) extra money for the name brand...

Dahila
10-18-2013, 09:55 PM
What BS people write. Generic is the same meds as brand. They may have cheaper fillers but about it. When the new meds comes to market they have the patent for about 15 years. After the time any company may produce it with generic name. The meds are the same. Atarovastatin is exactly like Lipor the difference 34 bucks for 3 months not 150. I am on Micardis for my bp, I was on brand and finally this year the patent ended so instead o paying 150 I pay 30 dollars. No difference at all. Name brand is not going to give you anything else that generic :)) Do not read bs on google. People write such nonsense....

becki
10-20-2013, 04:13 PM
I'm on the exact same thing with NO problems. I love it!!

Cryfreedom66
10-20-2013, 05:53 PM
I'm on the exact same thing with NO problems. I love it!!

yay! good to hear!

day 3 here no real side effects yet, except it kind of makes me feel a little high (not necessarily a bad thing :)

becki
10-22-2013, 05:58 AM
I kept a medicine journal when I first started taking it. I would write how I was feeling what I was doing or had done. It helped just writing my thoughts down had a calming effect on me.

Stephj526
10-23-2013, 08:06 PM
I take generic and have no side effects. I did the first few weeks, but now it's all ok.

atcmom
10-25-2013, 01:39 PM
generic here too. Normal side effects (higher anxiety, etc...) at the beginning, now just waking too early (like 4 am) and little appetite. We are adjusting the times I take the meds to see about the sleep issue. Docs not concerned about the food. I'm still waiting to see real effects, but I'm slowly starting to feel more 'normal'. I still get dizzy in the evenings, but that's an anxiety thing, not medicine thing.

Stephj526
10-25-2013, 07:40 PM
What time do you currently take your meds? I take my at noon. It seems to do ok there, doesn't keep me up to late and fights off some anxiety in the afternoon work time.

atcmom
10-26-2013, 08:48 AM
I was taking half at morning, half at night b/c of the severe hot flashes. That helped a ton. My doc now wants me to take it all at once in the morning. I'm scared to do that so am slowly moving my evening dose up. He said at least get half at bfast half at lunch.

becki
10-26-2013, 08:59 AM
I take mine in the morning