PDA

View Full Version : New Here, So many problems

Gemmy
10-18-2013, 03:06 PM
Hello everyone :) I am new to the forum and I really need a shoulder to lean on. I was diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder, Depression, PTSD, and now what seems to be GAD some years back. When I was a kid, like around 8 to 13 years old, I used to think I had asthma because I had really bad shortness of breath to the point where I thought I was going to die. At first, my parents thought it was asthma but it was really anxiety. Since 2006, I've had this weird phobia that my heart is going to bust. I have racing thoughts, pounding heart, tense muscles, headaches, you name it when I feel panicky. Note that I don't have any heart problems whatsoever and I'm a fairly healthy person. I also worry about the future a lot and if my life will get better, if I'll stop having panic attacks, etc. I have a daughter now and I really want to get better for her but it's so hard. My anxiety makes me feel very emotional and powerless and there have been days where I would just cry because I don't know what's going on with me. I've also had a very strong fear of dying since I was a kid. I try to take my mind off of it by focusing on positive things but that's rather difficult as well.

On the good side of things, I enjoy drawing and writing, playing video games, chatting with friends, and reading about animals. I really just want to get my life back and be happy without having anxiety. I'm going to see a therapist this Monday so hopefully, this will be my road to recovery. I just would really like to hear what others think and what I can do to feel better. I hope to make a lot of friends as well :)

ldts3012
10-18-2013, 06:34 PM
Hi there. I have suffered with GAD on and off for the past 7 years, although when I think farther back in my life, I remember a few other times when I had bouts of extreme, prolonged anxiety. I see a therapist, take meds, just started meditating, read lots of self help books, and write in my journal. It takes lots of hard work to keep it under control but I find that the more I practice, the better I'm able to cope. I've had to work hard to change the way I look at the world and the way I think about things.

ldts3012
10-18-2013, 06:35 PM
By the way, I'm also new to the forum!

Gemmy
10-19-2013, 09:14 PM
Thanks for your post! I'm glad to hear you're coping with it better :) I definitely need to start back writing in my journal and doing my favorite hobbies. I really just need to keep myself busy and start back praying. I'm going to start a recovery log here on the forums so others can read on my progress with getting better.

ldts3012
10-20-2013, 10:22 AM
Journaling, prayer and meditation are definitely helpful. I think sharing your recover log would be great! I would like to learn what types of things you end up doing that work to improve your anxiety. I am always open to learning new things to try myself so I look forward to seeing more posts from you and I wish you all the best!

infearandfaith
10-21-2013, 06:22 PM
hi! im also new here!

although, i haven't seen a professional, I know I have some anxiety problem to an extent. Currently, i'm exercising often and writing in my journal everyday to release these negative thoughts.