PDA

View Full Version : Feeling Helpless/Dread When Threatened & How to stop??

KieranA001
10-18-2013, 06:40 AM
Don't know if this is the right place to post this but when I get threatened it feels 100x worse than what it is. I just end up feeling helpless and too overwhelmed to even think and just end up trying to ignore it and carry by walking away but, if it happens again what do I do to stop the feeling ? What's it caused by ?

It's really, really annoying because if I ever end up in a situation like that again I feel that I would just back down and be threatened where I'm too overwhelmed with this horrible intense feeling which would cause me to get hurt at one point because I wouldn't be able to do anything to protect myself...

sweetypie
10-18-2013, 01:13 PM
I know what you mean, I think. When people start insulting me or emotionally hurting me or even hitting me physically and I'm not expecting it, I go into derealization mode really badly. My mind is so not there that I sometimes don't even feel them beating me up. I never defend myself when this happens. Whatever they are doing, I always stand there and take it, whether I'm being physically beaten up or emotionally abused. And it scares me because I should be fighting back.

I think, for me, it was because I was beaten and verbally abused as a child and now my mind disappears when it's happening again, but I don't know.