PDA

View Full Version : Hi Back Again!!!!!!!!

scared44
10-18-2013, 05:16 AM
Hi all, Just wanting to let ppl know that I've been in hospital for a month. I had major surgery then infection and an abcess in my abdomen. Then 5dats later I coughed up a blood clot, so the performed a CT PUL ANGIOGRAM and found cancer in my lung in the lower lobe and another one on my trachea!! I'm in shock still it just doesn't feel real. Knowing I have 2 thing's in my body that can possibly kill me??? So my anxiety ect has come back 100%. I have no control over it this time around, it's consuming me and I'm just not coping. I have nobody to talk to about my anxiety ect becauae they just don't understand. Dies anyone know of any good relaxation apps please. And some advice to. Thx in advance. Beverley :-(

majored
10-18-2013, 07:28 AM
Dear Beverley, im very sorry to hear what you have gone through. I can not imagine what thoughts and feelings you are having at the moment, my anxiety has gone up thinking about your situation. I would of thought that the hospital would of given you some form of support and information, i know your not in the UK but i thought most hospitals work on the same theme.

What are the hospital planning to do next?

If you need to chat or want support we will all be here for you. xx

tailspin
10-18-2013, 11:18 AM
Hi Beverley, I second everything majored said. I'm so sorry to hear this. Wow, it's hard to even wrap my head around everything you have been through and are now facing. I am really sorry!

What is the next step regarding your treatment? I would definitely try and find a real life support group. Hopefully the hospital can put you in touch with one. And, as majored says, the hospital should be able to help you with other support and information. There are also many CDs which contain guided visualizations to accompany cancer treatment so you could google that and you are sure to find a lot of suggestions.

Wishing you all the very best, Beverley! Please let us know how you're doing!

scared44
10-23-2013, 01:11 AM
Hello Majored and Tailspin, Hope your both well? Thanks for your kind words and encouragement. I'm seeing my Respiratory surgeon on Monday so will let you know how I go. Also my anxiety is getting worse due to so much worry! But I've got to learn to deal with it? Take care. Beverley xx

majored
10-23-2013, 01:53 AM
Hello Majored and Tailspin, Hope your both well? Thanks for your kind words and encouragement. I'm seeing my Respiratory surgeon on Monday so will let you know how I go. Also my anxiety is getting worse due to so much worry! But I've got to learn to deal with it? Take care. Beverley xx

Hi Beverley, Im so glad that you are seeing somebody. Your anxiety will reduce if you can get a few questions answered, so maybe write the questions wrote down. Also ask if they can refer you to a support group . Its good that you are positive but its not nice being on your own. If you want to chat please feel free xx

Blessed
10-23-2013, 07:07 AM
Hi Beverly I'm so very sorry that you are going through this! I am thinking of you and you will be in my many thoughts and prayers! Hang in there !