PDA

View Full Version : Bad night....heart flutters....UGH!

mistiblue
10-16-2013, 10:40 PM
My heart is ALL over the place tonight. It's making me really anxious. I feel like I'm gonna have a heart attack!!! I have an ECHO scheduled Friday!!

stephanie3126
10-16-2013, 11:22 PM
Sorry you're having problems. I've been having heart flutters too.. are you stressed out? It wouldn't be uncommon for that type of thing to happen. My heart tends to act up when I'm relaxing though, which is confusing to me, but I'm sure it's just our anxiety. Good luck with your ECHO and hopefully everything is alright.

mistiblue
10-17-2013, 02:24 AM
Not really stressed. I guess I get stressed easy though. I mean I have a short fuse... Little things set me off, like I'm always on edge. I dislike it enormously!! I keep trying to tell myself I'm ok, it's nothing serious, but it's not working. I notice mine more when I'm relaxing ( if that's what ya wanna call it... Lol) too. Sometimes I get so worked up over it, then the symptoms snowball. Hoping the cardiologist tells me everything is ok, so I can move past this!!

stephanie3126
10-18-2013, 12:40 AM
I get a heart flutter or palpitation.. whatever you want to call it, at least once a day.. usually late at night. Mine happened about an hour ago and it's 2:30 AM here. Not sure if it's stress or anxiety related but I can't help but worry sometimes though. It is annoying, I hope your issue gets resolved and let us know how everything goes. :)

mistiblue
10-18-2013, 01:03 AM
Oh how I wish I only got one a day. Mine happen all day, many times in an hour. Tonight, I got really scared because my heart was skipping like mad. I'm relieved to have an appt for an ECHO tomorrow. Then next week, I will wear a holter and do a stress test. I'm nervous, but glad that I can find out something.

brian_s_21
10-18-2013, 01:08 AM
My heart is ALL over the place tonight. It's making me really anxious. I feel like I'm gonna have a heart attack!!! I have an ECHO scheduled Friday!! that's how I feel right now !!

mistiblue
10-18-2013, 01:18 AM
So sorry Brian :( It's the worst feeling, knowing our hearts are beating funky. I HATE it! It's my worst symptom. I do "okay" until evening and then it's like they multiply and I feel awful. Hope you feel better soon.

brian_s_21
10-18-2013, 01:25 AM
So sorry Brian :( It's the worst feeling, knowing our hearts are beating funky. I HATE it! It's my worst symptom. I do "okay" until evening and then it's like they multiply and I feel awful. Hope you feel better soon.
Thanks ! I hate this feeling too I was fine until I decided to smoke jacks and now I'm suffering ahh I hate this! How long you had anxiety for

mistiblue
10-18-2013, 01:38 AM
About 4 years. Off and on... It comes at the oddest times for me.
What are Jacks? I know it's probably a dumb question...but I'm out of the loop these days :)

brian_s_21
10-18-2013, 01:46 AM
About 4 years. Off and on... It comes at the oddest times for me. What are Jacks? I know it's probably a dumb question...but I'm out of the loop these days :)
Oh okay same here on and off for me ... And they are cigarets :/

MrsM4
10-18-2013, 01:49 AM
I get the short fuse. ;(

mistiblue
10-18-2013, 01:52 AM
Ok! Cigarettes... Duh! Where are you from Brian?

Yeah the short fuse is frustrating for me. I'm a really laid back person for the most part, but it's like someone flips a switch and WHAM!! I've hit the ceiling!

brian_s_21
10-18-2013, 01:59 AM
Ok! Cigarettes... Duh! Where are you from Brian? Yeah the short fuse is frustrating for me. I'm a really laid back person for the most part, but it's like someone flips a switch and WHAM!! I've hit the ceiling!
Hahaha yea and I'm from Colombia how about your self ?

MrsM4
10-18-2013, 01:59 AM
My problem is I say I'm not judgmental but I have to be, because the things people do that the entire world seems to forgive makes me insane. It sets me into this tailspin where my anger turns into my anxiety.

mistiblue
10-18-2013, 08:51 AM
I'm from Illinois... Corn fields and tornado. Well... I'm actually FROM Ohio, but I've travelled the world since I was 18 (military).

MrsM- I can TOTALLY understand that. I get irritated with that too. Maybe different reasons, but I can understand why that would make anyone anxious. I think it's hard when we can see the world going down in ruins and do nothing about it (physically anyway).

brian_s_21
10-18-2013, 12:04 PM
I'm from Illinois... Corn fields and tornado. Well... I'm actually FROM Ohio, but I've travelled the world since I was 18 (military). MrsM- I can TOTALLY understand that. I get irritated with that too. Maybe different reasons, but I can understand why that would make anyone anxious. I think it's hard when we can see the world going down in ruins and do nothing about it (physically anyway).
That's cool hope your feeling better today

mistiblue
10-18-2013, 12:27 PM
Feeling pretty good. Nights are worse for me. Went and got an ECHO. No results yet though :(
Hope your feeling better as well.

brian_s_21
10-19-2013, 12:45 AM
Feeling pretty good. Nights are worse for me. Went and got an ECHO. No results yet though :( Hope your feeling better as well.
Sorry to hear that and I'm better than yesterday .. What's wrong

mistiblue
10-19-2013, 01:53 AM
Oh, I am getting the tests because of the flutters. I will wear a holter monitor next week and then do a stress test. Here I sit once again and these heart flutters are driving me insane. Its like I have a hyper heart and it cannot sit still....LOL.
I will be relieved when I find out the results of my tests....even if there IS something wrong, I will know....not knowing is the worst part!!

angieproc1977
10-19-2013, 03:27 AM
Im the same just been sat having breakfast and my heart went crazy I had a halter monitor in July and haven't heard anything so im guessing all was ok with that otherwise they would have sent for me I had a run of palpitations whilst my cardiologist was doing a scan of my heart and she said oh they are just extra beats nothing to worry about. .. try twlling my anxiety that x x

mistiblue
10-20-2013, 12:26 AM
Angieproc- I understand exactly where your coming from. It is easy for a person to tell us not to worry about these skipped beats and flutters, but we are the ones that have to deal with them everyday. It is not a comforting feeling when your heart is not beating normally. I had an ECHO on Friday and I was so anxious. My heart was pounding and everytime the sound of my heartbeat would come one I would panic because I was sure I heard a weird noise in between beats.
I am so tired of having to deal with this, but I know I have to press on....for my family. I am wearing a holter monitor next week and getting a stress test, so I am hoping that all turns out well. I know it will calm me a lot if they tell me everything is fine.
I hope your feeling better Angie.

angieproc1977
10-20-2013, 02:25 AM
I have good days and bad they're not always constant but I definitely think they're hormonal as I get them constantly around the time of the month I wish I could stop convincing myself there was something wrong but my mind races with horrible things. .. rhis will end one day x x