PDA

View Full Version : Its back again

samanthajayne24
10-16-2013, 12:42 PM
Hi guys.

I have suffered with anxiety for years. It seems to go for a couple of months but then come back with a vengeance.

I constantly think there is something wrong with my heArt as I get regular palpitations. I been to see a cardiologist who done an ultrasound scan and confirmed everything was Normal but I'm still afraid. Every time I hear someone has died of a heart attack I get so afraid and think about if for weeks. Anyone else like this xxx

tailspin
10-16-2013, 01:36 PM
Hi samanthajayne, Welcome! I'm sorry you are dealing with anxiety again. I can definitely relate to what you say about anxiety going away for quite a long time, but then coming back again. I can also relate to the Health Anxiety you describe.

Many people here worry about their hearts, even though they have had quite extensive medical tests and been told their hearts are fine. So you are not alone! I had this worry too but then I had that Stress Echo test where they wire you up and put you on a treadmill and then a cardiologist looks at the activity of your heart, and also your blood pressure, while you exercise. I found this test to be really reassuring. Much more reassuring than a regular EKG. The cardiologist told me that my heart was in great shape and because I could see the pictures and the numbers for myself on the screen, and because she explained them all to me, this really, really put my mind at rest (about my heart anyway, I still worry about other health stuff!!) Have you had a Stress Echo test?

At any rate, there is a lot of helpful info here on the site so have a read through some of the posts. I hope it helps you to spend some time here!

trinidiva
10-16-2013, 01:44 PM
Hi samanthajayne, Welcome! I'm sorry you are dealing with anxiety again. I can definitely relate to what you say about anxiety going away for quite a long time, but then coming back again. I can also relate to the Health Anxiety you describe.

Many people here worry about their hearts, even though they have had quite extensive medical tests and been told their hearts are fine. So you are not alone! I had this worry too but then I had that Stress Echo test where they wire you up and put you on a treadmill and then a cardiologist looks at the activity of your heart, and also your blood pressure, while you exercise. I found this test to be really reassuring. Much more reassuring than a regular EKG. The cardiologist told me that my heart was in great shape and because I could see the pictures and the numbers for myself on the screen, and because she explained them all to me, this really, really put my mind at rest (about my heart anyway, I still worry about other health stuff!!) Have you had a Stress Echo test?

At any rate, there is a lot of helpful info here on the site so have a read through some of the posts. I hope it helps you to spend some time here!

I had one of these as well, about 3 yrs ago. It really did help to reassure me to know my heart is ok.

samanthajayne24
10-16-2013, 01:45 PM
Hi.

No I haven't had a stress echo. I've had an ECG , cardio scan. And I also had a recorded for a week to record the heart rate. It's a nightmare isn't it. I have been fine for months then all of a sudden it's back with exactly the symptoms and it doesn't feel like it's ever gone. X

HealthAnxNut
10-16-2013, 03:10 PM
Hi.

No I haven't had a stress echo. I've had an ECG , cardio scan. And I also had a recorded for a week to record the heart rate. It's a nightmare isn't it. I have been fine for months then all of a sudden it's back with exactly the symptoms and it doesn't feel like it's ever gone. X

Having the ultrasound/EKG done was good, but the treadmill stress test (as terrified as I was) really put me at ease. I could see that my heart performed well under a lot of stress. Also, they take your blood pressure while you are running. I was very pleased when the tech told me that I didn't have high blood pressure at all, even when my heart rate was very high. It showed me, my heart can handle beating fast just fine. That way, when I get in a panic scenario, and my heart starts racing, I know it'll be ok. It's racing, but it doesn't mean I'm unhealthy or going to have a heart attack. I was CONSTANTLY worrying about my heart, and I find it's about 80% better having had the stress test.

That all being said, I am really sorry you had a re-lapse. It's worse, because your feeling of dread definitely increases... you know what is coming, and it sucks. We have all been there, where you get the carpet ripped out from under you. Just remember, it went away before. This isn't some health issue causing it - it is your body's response to stress. You will get through it, and maybe the next stretch will be even longer. Don't get yourself caught in the negative of "it'll never go away" hun... you can do it! xx

farrah01
10-16-2013, 05:44 PM
Hi guys. I have suffered with anxiety for years. It seems to go for a couple of months but then come back with a vengeance. I constantly think there is something wrong with my heArt as I get regular palpitations. I been to see a cardiologist who done an ultrasound scan and confirmed everything was Normal but I'm still afraid. Every time I hear someone has died of a heart attack I get so afraid and think about if for weeks. Anyone else like this xxx

I do this ALL the time!! It actually seems to be pretty common for anxiety sufferers?? Crazy how our brain works

littleone123
10-16-2013, 05:56 PM
I was free of mine for a year. Had the odd anxious feeling but put it down to excitement and going into the unknown (something I struggle to learn that it's not bad like anxiety) and now it's come back to the point wher I'm not going to work.

NeverToo...Fear
10-16-2013, 06:17 PM
Hey Samanthajayne, welcome here!

That nagging thing about the heart...yeah, it's been a recent health worry of mine..and one that I'm overcoming. Doc said I'm fine, so I'm taking his advice and telling myself I'm okay.. it's crazy that I have to constantly try to convince myself that I'm not going to have a heart attack--it's like you feel someone is pinching you, but you're like, "No one is pinching you" (cause you know you're not being pinched) but your brain is like, "Liar, liar pants on fire..I'm being pinched and it hurts." Anxiety makes the brain all crazy, and thus overreacts when it thinks we're dying, but things do get easier even if it doesn't seem like it. Stay calm, and and you'll be fine..come by here to talk anytime you want :)

samanthajayne24
10-17-2013, 12:51 AM
Thanks very much for the support this forum defiantly helps. It's nice to see I am not the only one suffering with this. Xxxx