PDA

View Full Version : Can't learn my new job quick enough and it's putting everyone else in a bind

Punisherthunder
10-15-2013, 05:26 PM
Long story short:

- I got relocated to a different office and assigned a job I know NOTHING about.

- I just completed day 4 and I have no idea what I should be doing.

- there has been no formal training at all.

- all I get is someone stopping by for 20 mins and giving some hints or tips and then they shuffle on

- now I find out that there is 2/3 of the job they haven't even introduced to me yet.

- Co workers are becoming frustrated because I'm not learning fast enough and I'm putting them in a bind.

Anyone have some learning tips? Advice? I really would rather have a new job, but nobody is hiring. I feel so low. Self esteem shot and confidence is on life support. Anxiety? Through the roof!

aerowaffle
10-15-2013, 09:37 PM
I was in the same boat as you about 8 months ago except I received 2 days training. I still find that I dread the job everyday (my prior job was eliminated and I had to take this job or nothing). I've spent all this time looking for a new job but like you have found the job market terrible. All I can say is I can commiserate and relate. I try to take it one moment at a time but it has been tough. Hang in there, I believe there's got to be something better out there waiting for us.