PDA

View Full Version : Psychotherapy

cm1983
10-15-2013, 03:19 AM
Hi. Im wondering what other peoples experiences with Psychotherapy have been? I went to see a Psychotherapist for about 5 months last year and whilst i did uncover a few things which may have triggered my anxieties or how i cope with situations... i began feeling anxiety over having to go to the sessions to talk to this woman! I felt trapped as though these sessions would never end and that i'd never be able to keep paying for them. (i asked her how long people normally keep going with therapy and she told me some 2 years , some 10 years.... some forever) I feel a bit stupid for reacting like this as i realise i cannot be "cured" in 10 sessions but im curious to know peoples opinions on psychotherapy - maybe it just wasnt the right therapy for me? maybe it was the wrong therapist? Im now scared of going to any kind of therapy because i dont want to feel trapped!! Silly huh? ahhh the wonderful world of anxiety
:rolleyes:

sweetypie
10-15-2013, 07:00 AM
You should tell your therapist that the sessions make you feel trapped. I went through something similar and if you have a good therapist they will say the right thing to you and find ways to make it more comfortable for you.