PDA

View Full Version : can not shake this health impending doom feeling

Forrest Owl
10-14-2013, 08:09 PM
I can not shake this horrible impending doom feeling that I have been having for almost a month that something terrible health wise is going to happen to me, I just feel like its coming. I've tried rationalizing with myself and it's not working, my husband says I am healthy, and I have good genes but I am sure that doesn't play a big role. I lost my when she was only 38 so I know my anxiety stems from there and I am afraid I'll take after her with that. our insurance does not cover a therapist so I cant go and when I used to go it never did anything. I just don't want to feel like this and I hate how I have this horror looming over my head. feel free to ask me any questions if you need to understand me better.

Estranged
10-14-2013, 08:30 PM
I feel your pain, you may want to look at things a different way, you've said you felt doom for sometime? Look at it this way, nothing has happened yet ( and for what it's worth it won't)

You are going through what is called fight or flight, mind says your in danger (although your not) and releases adrenaline , large amounts.

When I get this feeling I try to jump on top of it n bring myself to a good place and say to myself, my friend is back, he's never hurt me before he's just visiting me again to see if I'm ok, he will leave soon , never has hurt me before why would he now?

I'll see him again and when i do I won't fight him I'll accept him as I always have.

You will be fine and although nobody can change your thinking, always remember it's a rush of fight or flight .

Estranged