PDA

View Full Version : So frustraited

kays
10-14-2013, 01:07 PM
Anyone else's anxiety made them have a eating phobia mind has I'm so hungry just can't physically eat I love food and waNt a good meal I just physically can't swallow the food

jamiebrown
10-14-2013, 01:12 PM
[QUOTE="kays;122790"]Anyone else's anxiety made them have a eating phobia mind has I'm so hungry just can't physically eat I love food and waNt a good meal I just physically can't swallow the food[/QUOTE

I had this for about 2 weeks when my anxiety first started food would make me Bork and I couldn't get it down. Mine has faded now and I literally can't stop eating

newzie
10-14-2013, 01:16 PM
[QUOTE="kays;122790"]Anyone else's anxiety made them have a eating phobia mind has I'm so hungry just can't physically eat I love food and waNt a good meal I just physically can't swallow the food[/QUOTE

I had this for about 2 weeks when my anxiety first started food would make me Bork and I couldn't get it down. Mine has faded now and I literally can't stop eating

I am with Jamie. I had this for about 4 weeks, but lately I have been chowing down or at the very least eating a normal amount of food. I just ate 4 slices of pizza and want more...

In the meantime, drink smoothies. Not JUICE, put fruit and veggies in a blender, add some water and ice or milk and drink like it is going out of style.

sweetypie
10-14-2013, 01:19 PM
I choke all the time when I get anxiety. It's like my throat is as hysterical as my mind.

I swear me and food have a horrible relationship when it comes to anxiety. I either eat too much or can't eat at all. =(

AnxTom
10-14-2013, 04:40 PM
I choke all the time when I get anxiety. It's like my throat is as hysterical as my mind.

I swear me and food have a horrible relationship when it comes to anxiety. I either eat too much or can't eat at all. =(

It's a sensation, you're not actually choking and the best thing I did was to stop eating and breathe deeply to prove to myself that the muscles around my throat were contracting but not ever choking me. Try it. Breathe and make yourself realise its a sensation.

littleone123
10-14-2013, 05:36 PM
I never had the choking feeling but when I have anxiety I can't even think about food makes me feel sick. But my CBT lady told me that u have to think 'food keeps me alive' i lost 3 and a half stone (and I couldn't afford to lose that much) through amxiety over the course of 2 months.

Now I still struggle to eat my family think I'm anorexic bt eat little an often and keep reminding urself food keeps u alive and like the others said its just a thought and ur not actually choking